Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lost some weight i put on after injuries this past year and I'm able to ride again so I'm looking at getting a new tailored custom suit. Ideally under 1500$ and almost entirely all white with speed hump. Not that unique of a size at 6ft1 155lbs but I'm too tall for my 46 A* and its for someone who's got 50lbs on me...all other stock suits I'm too tall and thin for.

Im in ft lauderdale and if I have to drive or fly somewhere to get measurements taken as long as they make it on the spot so I can spend a day in the area, try it on and make alterations then leave with it, that would be ideal.

Want something on the lighter weight thinner and more flexible side of things than a super thick suit.

TY

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Omg.. ha ha

Was he serious???

Never for a moment did I not think he was taking the piss...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Try Syed Leathers in Orlando. Nice stuff, and not too far from you. SYED Leathers
A 2nd for Syed.

I know a couple of local places that do custom suits. They're certainly not done in a day, nor for $1500 or less. Not even close. I had a buddy go in and get measured for one, and 6 months later was able to try the suit on. I wanna say he payed more like $3500

I don't know what Syed's turnaround time is, but I know they do custom suits for really reasonable money.

Alternatively, you can always try MotoLiberty in Texas. They import RS Taichi suits direct from Japan. You might speak with Audrey and see if you can get a JDM suit. She REALLY knows her stuff and will get you what you are after if it is available.

Domestic Market suits are cut rather differently to the US Export ones and might offer you an off the rack suit that will actually fit. Just a thought, but good luck in your search......sean

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
873 Posts
look at Comet leathers, I got a custom suit from them and it was done very well, they have a video showing you how to do all the measurements and a very comprehensive sheet you fill out. They are out of the Upper peninsula of Michigan (the suites are down over seas)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts