Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my brothers 996 is in the building basement and he seems to have lost my keys . the batterys dead and the bikes been standing for almost 3 months now , is there any way i can hotwire the bike to start it and just get it out of the basement ?? or mayb if i wanna get a copy of the key done? i was thinking if i could get the lock out of the bike , i could see that there are 2 6 or 8 no bolts holding the lock fixed , so need some help on how to go about this ..please let me know if there is any way to star the bike without the keys

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I've removed the ignition on a few bikes and just used a button. I'm sure there is some instructions for this somewhere. No need for keys on race bikes. You should talk to your dealer might be able to get a new ignition with proof of ownership of the bike.

·
Registered
610 Posts
you could also pick up a "new" ignition and lock set from ebay relatively cheap and i comes with a new key that will work with the tank and seat storage lock

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
seems sketchy...could very well be a legitimate question but it could just as well be a question about "how to steal a bike"...especially from a new member with 1 post

1 - 4 of 4 Posts