Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. i currently have a monster s2r with a full arrow exhaust system (baffles removed). the bike sounds incredible. really incredible. anyway, i want to get a 749 but have never liked either the look or the volume of the exhaust (stock or aftermarket). nothing i can really do about the look i suppose, as most aftermarket systems follow one another in similar appearance on that bike. one thing i must have, though, is sound! lots of sound. ideally around 100db+ like my arrows, which i think are well over 100db.

why the need for the sound? 1) it sounds incredible; 2) everyone knows a motorcycle is near them=increased safety; 3) i ride a ducati.

i would really appreciate input from everyone on what is the loudest exhaust for a 749. like i said, every 749 i have seen/heard is just a bit quiet. totally different it seems that the 748/998 or 848/1098 models. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Same deal here, I just sold my S4Rs with full open carbon Arrows, just music to my ears! Now I have a 999 and try to be able to love it all over again so I was told to get a set of Zards, full system, anybody that heard them in person say the same thing, Love the way they sound!
We'll see!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only think i don't like about the zards is that they seem to stick out way past the tail of the bike. would be great to see good photos of them though... as most i've seen are sort of hard to tell. would love to hear your thoughts when you get them on your bike.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
It might take a while, I still havn't put on the bike the 600 miles brake-in, (it only has 1 mile on the clock) and I have to wait for that because when it goes on the dyno for the PCIII , it will red line every gear.

·
Registered
381 Posts
arc, if you can find it. louder than termi, zard, leo vince or anything else out there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Zard Full system on my 999 track bike.. louder than any other Ducati exhaust I have witnessed first hand.

As far as how far they stick out.. here's a couple pics

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a mivv pipe on my 06 749. mivv say 102db my wife says it sounds like helicopter.it sounds GREAT!!!AND MIVV IS ITALIAN.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
NICE mk3 Mini in the background.. got any more pics??

Mal

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure if you are wanting to keep the stock look or venture into something else.

Either way, have you looked into the Remus Exhaust systems? They aren't your traditional looking exhaust but I Guarantee they are Extremely loud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts