Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often read of owners who are disappointed with their Ducati for one reason or another. I just wanted to post that I love my '11 1198SP. Had an 848 before that and both are/were ridiculous fun!

Every time I strap on the helmet, my SP makes me giggle like a kid!

Just wanted to give a different perspective, that's all.

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice bikes guy's. I love my 1198 soon to be SP, piece by piece.:conveyer:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bullitt - love the white! I went a little different route. I wanted to mimic the R but did it in carbon. You don't notice it till you walk up on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
He probably painted the red over a carbon nose piece. Or maybe he got carbon striping decals and a carbon Ducati decal. My be is he painted the carbon red.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Great pics of the bikes .. :love:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He probably painted the red over a carbon nose piece. Or maybe he got carbon striping decals and a carbon Ducati decal. My be is he painted the carbon red.
Bingo! I know it seems crazy to color a carbon nose but it really pops and is unique, and that's what I was going for. I just bought the Ducati decal, pinstriped the nose and painted it red. I love it when people walk up on the bike and then realize the stripe is carbon. Understated excess!

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Love my 1198 too!! Also had an 848 before...

When buying my 1198, it was a toss up between a black SP or the 1198S Corse that I ended up with...

My 848 was a Corse that had the factory quickshifter. The 1198SP has that, my Corse does not. I miss that part. Never used a slipper clutch, so that wasn't a consideration in choosing.

In the end the Corse paint scheme won out and the Corse was in much better condition than the SP that was available locally to me.

I ended up paying like 3 grand more for the older, lesser Corse.... Very happy!

I'd love to add an SP to the stable....someday :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Love my 1198 too!! Also had an 848 before...

When buying my 1198, it was a toss up between a black SP or the 1198S Corse that I ended up with...

My 848 was a Corse that had the factory quickshifter. The 1198SP has that, my Corse does not. I miss that part. Never used a slipper clutch, so that wasn't a consideration in choosing.

In the end the Corse paint scheme won out and the Corse was in much better condition than the SP that was available locally to me.

I ended up paying like 3 grand more for the older, lesser Corse.... Very happy!

I'd love to add an SP to the stable....someday :)
Yeah the Corse paint really stands out! If I had it to do over again I might have tried to get a 1198R. In my mind, that's a thing of beauty.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well since there is a display here's my 1198 sp too !!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Yeah the Corse paint really stands out! If I had it to do over again I might have tried to get a 1198R. In my mind, that's a thing of beauty.
Oh to have an 1198R.....

I actually missed an 1198R Corse by 2 fucking days...or it would have been mine.

I had to settle for the 1198S Corse....

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I thought the 1198R was not available to the public. Only the 1098R was?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, it was/is available but I believe the numbers were low and they sold out pretty quick. You don't see it on the used market much either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The only thing I didn't like about my 1198 was the wheels. So I got a set of 7 spokes in gold,then went with the plasti dip to make them black!

Here's a before- Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

And after- Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Red

This is my 4th Ducati and I've loved them all!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.