Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long search for one of these I could only find a very expensive replacement in the USA ( i am in the UK ) I have now sourced a perfect solution better than the US version as it uses the same plug as the Ducati so no wire cutting and it's a lot cheaper. Standard switch turns the fan on at 92 deg and of at 87 this one turns the fan on at 87 and of at 82, not sure whether they are available in the US but this is the UK link. RADIATOR FAN TEMP SWITCH - PEUGEOT BOXER BOX 1994-2002 50134 | eBay
Steve

PS this is for the 748/916 bikes.

·
Registered
352 Posts
There is a Tridon part in Oz Grumbly to fit the 748/996 bikes. There is a Napa part in the US. The 998 bikes are the difficult one to find one for I believe.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Cooling Fans Operational Setpoints

Ducati engineers sized the cooling system components and chose the cooling fans temperature setpoints to optimize the operating temperatures such that the engine can develop its best power over the widest range of riding conditions and ambient temperatures. Believe me when I say that they know their business.

Lowering the these setpoints is counterproductive — it will not lower the maximum operating temperature that you experience at a stop, and will adds a 60 watts per fan electrical load to the charging system for longer durations — and more often — as you ride.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fully appreciate what you are saying Shazaam but as my fan does not come on during normal riding conditions ( the bike runs happily at 80 deg ) so this new switch will not affect the normal running of the bike ether as it comes on at 87deg, then I presume it is running at its optimum temperature, the fan cutting in earlier while in traffic can only be a good thing surely.
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts