Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am not sure it is offered. on the 1200S you can adjust the seat itself. Also not sure of an even lower option. They probably do as it would earn $$$
I believe the R was made higher (Longer shock maybe more) for more track ground clearance

Rex

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the lower seat on my 2017 1200 base (not S). It came with the bike. It lowers it by 20mm. I just switched it out to the standard seat. Have not ridden the bike with the standard yet. But, the lower seat had my legs bent too much and I did not like the cruiser like seating position, I am more used to sitting up a bit. I am 5' 10". Ducati option is around $300 but can be had also on amazon with R logo as follows:

Hope this helps. after I put a few miles on the standard seat, I may end up selling my lower seat.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That's interesting as I went the other way with a comfort set which is taller although I can appreciate your reasoning for a lower seat.
The benefits of the comfort seat are twofold: seat comfort and more legroom.
In fact, I raised the seat on the Multistrada for the legroom even though I can't flat foot-it any longer.
However, I can now ride a couple of hours longer without stopping because of it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
DarR thanks for your post as you have provided a good option. I just test drove with the standard seat (after using the lower seat) and my leg is still bent too much that I think on a long ride it will cause discomfort. I will definitely consider a taller comfort seat to help with this. I may have to sell two seats to sell ;-)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Should you opt for a taller comfort seat, do check the part number for compatibility on your specific model / year.
The sub-frame can vary from one year to the next. Moreover, the Monster "R" sub-frame is definitely different than other Monsters of the same year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts