Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are lowering links available for the 1098 to reduce seat height?

Has anyone lowered the seat height on their 1098's- how did you achieve it?

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, you can lower that way...but it will start to handle like crap. You know, kind of like a Gixxer 1000. Just kidding..they are good too. Seriously though, it will effect the handling.

·
Registered
134 Posts
SteveNunez said:
Are lowering links available for the 1098 to reduce seat height?

Has anyone lowered the seat height on their 1098's- how did you achieve it?

Thanks
Hey man,
I saw that you were a custom bike painter and on a hunch I thought I would Google you.. Bad ass work! If I lived near you, you would have my business. :yo:

edit: I just saw your link.

G

·
Yes, you can lower that way...but it will start to handle like crap. You know, kind of like a Gixxer 1000. Just kidding..they are good too. Seriously though, it will effect the handling.
What if you lower the seat and then drop the forks the same amout through the tripples? telemetry should remain the same yes? By rights lowering the seat increases the rake which slows the steering responce.

·
Registered
162 Posts
slob said:
What if you lower the seat and then drop the forks the same amout through the tripples? telemetry should remain the same yes? By rights lowering the seat increases the rake which slows the steering responce.
But then what about the amount of travel these shocks have? It might bottom out like that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
ZooQ said:
But then what about the amount of travel these shocks have? It might bottom out like that.
I've already bottomed mine out in the front...with out it being lowered. FYI

·
Registered
188 Posts
Trim the seat cushion. It will give about an inch lower I think.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The 1098 has an adjustable tie rod, it is between the shock and the exhaust and comes at it's lowest setting from factory. Meaning it can not be lowered any more, only raised.

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
boduc said:
Trim the seat cushion. It will give about an inch lower I think.
:laughing:

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
kumacrz said:
Just get boots with a bigger heels..hehe
ICON BOMBSHELL :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts