Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just got a new 821 the other day, been loving it so far. One question I was hoping someone here might know- I'm trying to lower the adjustable seat to its lowest possible position. I've removed the 4 square spacers but I'd also like to lower the front of the seat as well, and I was told at the dealer that the way to do it is to pull that horizontal bar out and slide it down so that it slips into the lower set of notches. I did that, but for the life of me I cannot get the seat to lock into place when it's hooked onto that bar on the lower setting. I can grab the bar with the hooks at the front of the seat, but when I go to push the back down to lock it into place, that metal nub is a good half inch past the hole that receives it, and no amount of flexing or pushing the seat forward will get it to align properly. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Blabus,

Congrats on your new 821M! Anyways, i see that you are trying to lower your seat to the lowest setting? You've done everything right taking off all 4 extra block spacer and pulling the front bar and setting it to the lowest level. You will also need to remove the 2 black plastic side left and right panels that are just under the bike seat frame! they are screwed on to the frame and are a cosmetic part when the seat is adjusted from the factory and having for you to choose to lower it, you will need to remove these. Be careful removing for i believe that they are pretty expensive to replace parts oem. Hope this helps.

Bobby

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much, that was indeed the issue! I suspected it might have something to do with those two pieces but I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
184 Posts
After lowering did it feel uncomfortable at all to you? i tried it like that for a week but felt uncomfortable on the inside of my legs, like the shape of the tank or seat was pressing on a pressure point on the upper inside part of my leg. ended up putting it back to normal height.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts