Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gent's-
What is everyone using for luggage (soft or hard systems)? I saw the Ventura system, but at $400 bucks it's a bit high on the price.

I have a multi day ride though the Colorado mountains, so I’m looking a bag(s) that can hold 2-3 days worth of necessities.

Thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
The Ventura system is worth the money. I don't personally have one but I have friends who have them and the fit and sturdiness is fantastic. Myself.......I did a mod job to my passenger seat to sling a pair of saddle bags over and that does myself and the wife for a few days.

Had they produced the Ventura for the 1098/848 when I needed bags, I would have sprung for it.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
I know this doesn't help you but,
I can't imagine putting bags or cases on an 848. I saw them on motowheels and I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. It's like putting a roof rack on an enzo (and yes I know some ferari's in the sixties came with racks)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I have plenty of room for goodies when I tour with my superbike. First things first I lock it into the pitbull system in the bed of the truck, and then I put all my shit in the bed around the bike. I can pack for weeks if I need to! lol, for those of you actually touring on your superbike... Your crazy! I rode about 4.5 hours with just stops for fuel once and I hated it. Probably be to pissed to ditch the bags and enjoy the bike once I got to my destination.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I know this doesn't help you but,
I can't imagine putting bags or cases on an 848. I saw them on motowheels and I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. It's like putting a roof rack on an enzo (and yes I know some ferari's in the sixties came with racks)
+1 for that

T-shirts, under pants and socks for 2-3 days and a tooth brush etc., should fit easily in a small backpack.

BTW ... Man are allowed to stink a bit especially on a bike trip. Its then called scent not odor :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.