Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one fitted a 17" x 6.00" Rear Wheel to there Desmo. I want to fit 17" to my Desmo as the bridgestone that are available for the Desmo are rubbish and in 17" the range is much better. Any comments would be appreciated

·
Registered
228 Posts
There are lots of options out there for a 17" rear - PVM, BST, OZ, Dymag, Marchesini, Marvic...

I researched the lot, but found that the Marchesini M7R was what I wanted - basically as close to the OEM design, although there are a few minor differences, with the finish and colour I wanted too. PVM wheel was close, but I felt the spokes were too thin for the overall chunky look of the bike.

I was lucky as Marechsini no longer have a great need to manufacture these wheels for the bike, but I was buying a set of wheels for another bike at the same time - maybe that helped, maybe not. Worth noting - they will not make the M7RS (Alu) wheel as it's a very different process for the Mag, which are effectively hand made...

They're far from cost sensitive, but maybe if you have a dealer in Aus that can help you might get a nice reply from the Italians...

Will let you know how I get on when they arrive in a few months...!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.