Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
They look like Mag wheels. The design is slightly different to the Alu version.

You'll be hard pushed to find a smart buyer who will take them off your hands unless you have a test certificate for them as they've been painted (I guess after purchase). If the the seller has all the info and receipts proving all the info you need then fine, but if not, they could be worth very little.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Remove the axle nut and inspect the bare metal underneath (where it's conical on the wheel hub). You'll see the magnesium color if it's indeed true.

Although, I've never heard of anyone painting their mag wheels red. Almost a shame in my book.

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Forged Marchesini's come in several colours, red being one of them. As has been mentioned, it's difficult to tell the forged Alu from Mag unless you see the rear hub area. The market for used mag wheels is a tough one as magnesium has a shelf life and the wheels could be brand new or several yrs old.

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info guess that not really added any value to the bike
Also look like the rear sets are eBay stuff base on the pics? So obviously someone cheap out the rear sets and spent some on the wheels?

·
Registered
632 Posts
With your wheels if the markings ie DOT stuff is raised they are stock, but if they are forged the wheels will be machined and stamped, but the red paint may hide that.
If they are Forged Mag, the dick should be drawn and quartered for painting them.

Craig

·
Registered
6 Posts
1098s

Hi,

I looked at this bike a couple years ago at the Ducati dealership just outside of Iowa, I'm pretty sure it's the same bike if so it is a gorgeous bike. I was going to purchase the bike, but it was sold within a couple days I missed it just by a few days. The dealership had most of the paperwork on upgrades, the rims were genuine forged Marchesini rims if I recall it was $2,500 or more upgrade. The bike was listed for 17,000 and some change if you would please let me know if the bike is still for sale and you decide not to purchase it I will buy it I do not want to lose the chance to buy this bike again please. Where is the bike located now? If you would please send me the information where to purchase it I have cash in hand. [email protected]

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hi,

I looked at this bike a couple years ago at the Ducati dealership just outside of Iowa, I'm pretty sure it's the same bike if so it is a gorgeous bike. I was going to purchase the bike, but it was sold within a couple days I missed it just by a few days. The dealership had most of the paperwork on upgrades, the rims were genuine forged Marchesini rims if I recall it was $2,500 or more upgrade. The bike was listed for 17,000 and some change if you would please let me know if the bike is still for sale and you decide not to purchase it I will buy it I do not want to lose the chance to buy this bike again please. Where is the bike located now? If you would please send me the information where to purchase it I have cash in hand. [email protected]

Thanks.
That's alot of cash you're willing to spend on a 1098s ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.