Ducati.org forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,810 Posts
I don't think golf-cart guy read all the rules.. :confused:(

I might win with one of the longest lists of mods, but I have aimed to keep mine looking stock where possible, so it doesn't look all that amazing.

Rides pretty nice though..

I mostly ride on the road trying not to look too conspicuous.

(Might go and do that right now. Another beautiful day out there).

Good luck folks!

· Registered
6,810 Posts
OK. I took a couple of pics on my ride. But the bike hasn't had a good clean for a while.

As to mods? As some of you will know - probably shorter to list what hasn't been modified..

The bigger stuff includes CMC ceramic front rotors, the oversize ETI fuel tank, and the RAM magnesium swing arm. And of course the full Termignoni system and ECU and the Shorai LiPO battery.

The reduced offset/adjustable yokes, coupled with the longer swing arm and other lightening has altered the weight bias, with greatly enhanced front end 'feel'.

All the black plastic parts have been replaced in carbon. Every bolt, nut, washer and spacer has been replaced in lightweight materials. Both inside and outside the engine.

Almost a kg (2 lbs) has been lost from the clutch alone.

Lightening has been the emphasis, and extends to some seriously mad levels with touches like the carbon handlebars, titanium clutch pushrod, and even an alloy steering lock pin! (Thanks ELTwin, a fellow sufferer of my illness - who also opened up my intake tubes for me).

Of course it has a lightweight (TPO Tennalum) front axle, Ti swing arm pivot and Ti engine mounting bolts. I could go on, but I won't..

The bike is now 23 kgs (about 50 lbs) lighter as a result, is still road legal, and rides beautifully, as I was reminded today. A recent rebuild of the engine included new (stock) pistons and the ceramic gearchange arm.

I have ported the heads and polished the rockers. I also polished the conrods when I had it down.

It has covered almost 79,000 kms, with never a problem apart from the radiator failures (all replaced FOC).

Nothing close to a complete list, but you get the idea..

Love that bike!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.