Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the majority of this forum, i was shocked to find out that my Duc didnt come with Marchesini wheels. At first I was upset, I felt betrayed by Ducati. (I only bought my 748s in 2000 because it came with wheels that were not those gold Brembo three stars.)

My anger and fear turned to pride when I realized I had Enkei wheels. As others have pointed out, they are well respected in many circles. I decided to celebrate this new revelation with some inexpensive decals to mimic the look of the forged Marchesinis.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Enkei are a decent wheel. I think some people got a bit riled when they changed from March as they felt an Italian bike should have an Italian wheel.

The wheels stripes work well. Did the same type of thing to my blue Carrozzeria 12spokes.

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
909 Posts
Enkei is probably a better quality wheel.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
They could/should have put: Ducati Performance on the wheels and everything was al-right again. ;)
Totally true.

Enkei aren't better......just different. Honestly the stock cast wheels either Enkei or March are nothing special. Forged is a fair bit lighter. You'd think with a higher end bike they'd just put forged on. Not much difference in cost.

·
Registered
27 Posts
@[email protected] - Those wheel decals look good. Was thinking of getting the word "Pirelli" on my tires painted or sprayed white as well like some of the race bikes I've seen. Anyone know how this is done? Do I need to find someone with a stenciled "Pirelli" cutout and the paint?

May I ask where you got the decals? Can I get them in different colors?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@[email protected] - Those wheel decals look good. Was thinking of getting the word "Pirelli" on my tires painted or sprayed white as well like some of the race bikes I've seen. Anyone know how this is done? Do I need to find someone with a stenciled "Pirelli" cutout and the paint?

I used to paint the raised letters on my old Zx7. They were whitewall touch up markers. It required some upkeep, touchups occasionally.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts

Go em off Ebay. Same with the tire pencils to do the lettering. Pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
909 Posts

a paint marker and patience, retouch every so often.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Marchesini are Brembo's with a badge on them at oem level at least. Certainly where the 848 is concerned they are nothing special. Most of the wheels have Brembo in the casting marks near the hub of the wheel.

Marchesini are a Brembo company so they share manufacturing. Enkei or Malgatec are featuring more and more as an alternative on Italian bikes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
@Duc173 - She started filling in the outlines and fill in colors for the raised lettering around the tires. I completely suck at it and she has steady hands and apparently better detailing work then I..Guess I am a lucky man..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts