8,969 Posts
Martin Brickwood Performance
100 Bannister Avenue,
Pointe Claire, Quebec
Canada H9R 3M7
Tel 514-694-9695
Fax 514-694-5338
eMail [email protected]

Shit, beat me to it Brett. My friend of the last fifteen years is actually friends with Guy Martin (the inventor of the collets), been thinking of getting the collet treatment for my air cooled ducs too. Guy redid his S2R engine, says it's a massive improvement over stock.

·
Banned
12,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rap, since you're a local over there and have a connection, do you reckon you can contact them and see what the go is?

I emailed them and have had no reply back.

Cheers.

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
ok, both my friend and I are in camp jobs at different ends of the country right now though so it might take a while.

I can't remember if you can just get the collets or there's any machining involved, and of course he always wants to sell you on the Rosso heads, supposedly worth a lot of horsepower.

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
I read he was well into develpment of something for the 1098 over a year ago so I thought he'd already got it. My friend said Guy is probably tied up at the races with the bikes he's supporting so the shop is mostly empty this time of year. He'll try though.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Soz,
Guy Martin's shop is about 15 mins from where I live... If you like I can contact him on Monday for you and inquire. I'm sure he has the collets available. His site just doesn't reflect actual stock.
Shoot me a PM with any other questions you may have and I'll be sure to get back to you.

He's a great guy and services my bike...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
So what is so special that this collets do?
Do they improve performance?
Or just worn down and need to replace them with a better material part?

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
So what is so special that this collets do?
Do they improve performance?
Or just worn down and need to replace them with a better material part?
It's a change to the part of the heads where the valves glide up and down, the ducati original is a poor design in that it wears more quickly and is the main reason (besides the desmo action itself) that the engines have so many valve adjustments to do over the course of the engines life.

full explanation is here

http://www.mbpducati.ca/index.htm?components.htm~mainFrame

·
Registered
623 Posts
I just PM'd Soz, but figured I'd keep others in the loop...

I spoke to Guy today with regards to the collets...

He is currently out of stock on the 1098 collets. He is waiting on another batch which he expects will arrive around 3rd-4th week of October. This batch will fill back orders (ie: Mike at EMS), as well as keep a significant stock on-hand.

It is best to reach him directly at 514-694-9695 since he's rarely on his computer. His garage keeps him quite busy, he has a great reputation in the area and abroad.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
Here we are in 2019, I just talked to Guy this morning. He's busy with the vintage race season but will be free most of the fall to do Collet and valve work. My ST2 will go in as soon as I get back from Alberta.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts