Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Strapped to a shit bike.... no wonder. I can't imagine Laverty doing much better.

I've always liked him.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah read that on motoGP.com
They said it was a mutual agreement.. Interesting in any case. Granted they've not had great results but a mid year rider change, probably not a fix just a band-aid to get thru 2015.
Now don't jump down my throat this is nothing against Laverty at all.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Never been much of a Melandri fan, but the guy is fast. Look at him in WSBK...he was no slower than Baz and Laverty who also just made the switch, yet he's at the back of the pack on the GP bike. Granted Bautista is doing better, but let's not sugar-coat things...the Aprilia GP bike simply sucks! Michael Laverty won't do any better. He was already in GP on a different shit bike and he was at the back of the back.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Casey Stoner finished second to the GOAT in 2008. Melandri finished 17th some 229 point behind Stoner on the same machine. Melandri is fast on a sorted bike yes, but his track record on machines that are not easy to ride suggests he isnt useful anywhere else.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Casey Stoner finished second to the GOAT in 2008. Melandri finished 17th some 229 point behind Stoner on the same machine. Melandri is fast on a sorted bike yes, but his track record on machines that are not easy to ride suggests he isnt useful anywhere else.
I feel like some people are just not meant for GP and should stick to WSBK. Bayliss also sucked in GP, but won WSBK 3 times on 3 different bikes. Same with Checa...and arguably, similar deal with Spies and Edwards. Granted they at least ran in the top 5, but they were also on the best bikes in the paddock at times. Biaggi was one of the few who was really good with both types of bikes...he's only downfall was that Rossi was even better so he won races, but never won a GP championship. Melandri has been very fast in WSBK all the years that he was in that championship, on Yamaha, BMW, and Aprilia....but he ain't no Casey fuckin Stoner...not very many people in the world are though ;)

Reactions: NoTec
1 - 7 of 7 Posts