Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nick has been working with Corse Dynamics on a metal quick release solution for our bikes. They came up with a replacement billet fuel base that would replace the original fuel pump base with one that includes metal fuel connectors.

This would allow you to ditch the flimsy factory plastic fuel connectors that become brittle and fail - allowing it to leak onto onto your hot exhaust and engine. The billet fuel base includes a Viton fuel base pump O-ring, 4 metal fuel connectors ( 2 male/2 female).

This will fit original tanks as well as as the aftermarket aluminum tanks.

We can go into production on these if there is any interest. Cost for pre-orders would be $199 each.

The quick release base will fit Ducati 848-1198, Sport Classics and Streetfighter fuel pumps.

-M

·
Registered
147 Posts
'bout damn time... Sign me up!!!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
'bout damn time... Sign me up!!!
this was a long time coming, I have been trying to mill OEM cast ones and tap for metal fittings but it wasn't working the failure rate was way too high on the porus OEM piece, so instead we started from scratch and made the entire thing, it's nice to make functional parts, not just bling.

Thanks for the order Duc L'Smart, your the third order

·
Registered
164 Posts
I guess I should wait on the thermister/fuel filter replacement, just got the parts this week.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, damn, I screwed up... I should've ordered a 2nd one for the Paul Smart

·
Registered
308 Posts
after having to getting my tank painted and removing and installing my tank I can def appreciate the need for those updated quick release

·
Registered
81 Posts
Somehow I missed this!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I ordered 2... They get here Wednesday. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
What's happening with these? I got an email on the 11th saying that they are back ordered, did anyone receive theirs yet?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Must be nice! I hope I get mine soon!
Same here Sinister I have not recieved mine either. Sure they shipped in order they were prepaid. Hopefully sometime this week to bad I am heading to New York.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts