Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the new-to-me ST3 S for over two weeks now and still haven't ridden it. Circumstances dictate that I will not do so until I return to Puget Soundia in early January - the real, honest to God, all day long, drippy season. Here I am in Arizona, dreaming . . .

Before the bike was sent to me in Washington from Santa Monica I had the dealer put a rear tire of their choice on it (the rear was aged-out,) as close as possible to the still-good front tire. I pointed out to them the prevailing weather up there: wet.

Does anyone here have any comments on the Subject tire's wet pavement capabilities? It is the offspring of the one on the front, which has been discontinued, so I'm not worried about a mismatch causing problems.

Pilgrim

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes and no. I ran a 2CR for quite a long time but on the front of my Aprilia. I ran a PR3 out back.

At no time did I feel, through feed back from the bike that this was a mismatch.

This is only pertinent to the discussion as the 2CR worked every bit as well as the PR3 in the wet.

At least in the few times I was caught out in it. Also, in the dry I never felt like the rear was pushing the front.

Not the same as an ST but I imagine your experience will be the same.

I have a set of 2CRs on my 900SS project, but it has not turned a wheel in anger as yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes and no. I ran a 2CR for quite a long time but on the front of my Aprilia. I ran a PR3 out back.

At no time did I feel, through feed back from the bike that this was a mismatch.

This is only pertinent to the discussion as the 2CR worked every bit as well as the PR3 in the wet.

At least in the few times I was caught out in it. Also, in the dry I never felt like the rear was pushing the front.

Not the same as an ST but I imagine your experience will be the same.

I have a set of 2CRs on my 900SS project, but it has not turned a wheel in anger as yet.
Thanks. I was hoping to hear something like that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Pilot Power 2CT is a great tyre for your bike, especially with the 55 profile. I ran these on my.Monster S4C for years in wet and dry conditions and loved them. Treat it like any new tyre and scrub it in before you start asking too much of it. I ran 32psi front, 36 rear and got good mileage out of them. Have Fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts