Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
It's almost time to change the oem pirelli dragon supercorsa pro tyres on the 848 . The bike has 6,500kms.
I've got a cbr929rr also, it has a pilot road 2 on the rear and pilot power 3 on the front. I couldn't get my hands on a pilot road 2 for the front at the time so just went with pp3.

Anyways I like the way it feels so I'm planning on putting pilot power 3 on the 848 in about a month or so. Could possibly change my mind to another michelin model but for now its the pp3.

I've have read a number of threads on people's thoughts on these tyres and other michelin tyres on there ducati 848. Thought id make a new thread to keep it a bit updated and to make another experience available for somebody else when it's there turn for new michelin tyres.

I've seen some people put
pilot road 2
pilot road 3
pilot power 2 ct
pilot power 3

I'd still like to hear people's thoughts on which michelins in particular they like on there 848. The bike will not be going to the track either.

Im in melbourne, australia. Tyres aren't exactly cheap here compared to the USA as example so il be doing good research before picking an exact model.

Thanks for your input. If you leave a comment on a tyre above can you please write the model clearly as I have to save confusion. Iv seen people on the threads confuse eachother by the way they write it.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I run Power 2CT's- have for a long time. I love those tires.

I just switched to Q3's though. And very happy I did. And the Q3's are much cheaper.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I agree with the above...Dunlop Q3's.

Brilliant tire!!!

I've had a ton of Michelin tires, and the original Pilot Power tires were very good.

I hate the tread pattern on the new Michelins...

I recently tried a set of Q3's and was amazed...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I ran the Power 3 my as my last set. They are amazing!
I only got the usual 1400 miles out of them. Cherohala Skyway miles.
I am now on the Q3's... The Q3 is as good of a tire and 50.00 cheaper.
I too am a Michelin rider, but Dumbslop has got a good thing with the Q3.
It is worth giving Dunlop a try. You might like them. They are nice a sticky.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a brand new pilot power 3 rear privately for a good price. So I just need to order the front from shop and get the tyres fitted.

Tyres are expensive here in australia. Cheapest quote was $480 fitted for pilot power 3 front and rear . Even if q2/q3 are cheaper probably not that much cheaper here in aus to make it worth your wild.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sell Q3 installed for 220.00.
Yer I've seen tyres real cheap online for sale in usa. Once you convert the usd to aud, add shipping and then the cost of fitment here it's not really worth buying online unless you can get free or really cheap shipping and maybe free fitment here.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I like the Pilot Power 3. I love the Power 2CT. I've run pretty much every brand on my 848 and different compounds and such and always go back to the 2CT from Michelin.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the Pilot Power 3. I love the Power 2CT. I've run pretty much every brand on my 848 and different compounds and such and always go back to the 2CT from Michelin.
I've read alot of your posts on the threads. You seem to like the michelins alot. I was gona go for the power 2 ct but thought id go for the pilot power 3. I got the rear privately for $100aud brand new. So was good timing. Can't wait to feel the difference.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I've mixed the Pilots too and all was good. I just happen to like the slightly different shape of the rear 2CT over the Power 3. Both are great tires though. I'll be putting them on my MV also.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Lol, the original tire was spent a long time ago man.....I'm glad you aren't riding on that thing anymore.

·
Registered
395 Posts
What kind of OEM tire is that? I dont remember mine have nearly that much tread on them... they were like racing slicks practically.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just got pilot power 3's fitted today front and rear. Went around the block a few times just to see how it felt. It felt different but I was taking it easy. I'll have to take it out on open road and test/feel the difference.

What psi is eveyone running on the pp3 for street use?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts