Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just won an eBay auction for a used Termi full exhaust for my 2010 848, but it doesn't come with an ECU.

I've searched the forum and it looks like the general consensus here is to go with a Microtec. Anyone disagree? I'm riding the bike entirely on the street for the time being. Hoping to take it out on a track at some point, but its unlikely I'm going to find the time to get serious about racing.

Besides the theft immobilizer, would I lose anything else by installing the Microtec ECU?

Also, is there any reason to get a PowerCommander on top of the Microtec?

Finally, anyone have suggestions on the best spot to order the Microtec?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Covet, without a doubt the Microtec is the way to go. No need for the PowerCommander either as that would be overkill. Other than the immobilizer issue (which to me is a moot point - think about it a while and let common sense overtake you) there's nothing you loose. In fact, you gain a ton of adjustability if you're a guy who likes to tinker.

While there are a few places to buy the ECU, you'll get the best service now and after the sale with Mark at The Ducshop. Call or email and they'll set you up.

Mark Sutton [[email protected]]
www.ducshop.com

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I reset the throttle-position sensor and service lights through the microtec, or do I still need to get a VDST?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
+1, Microtec and the Ducshop.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, the Microtec comes with the software and usb cable to gain you full access the the ecu functions like , tps, daignostics, code reset, mapping, spedometer calibration, rev limiter setting, shift light setting, ect...and is trasferable to most other Ducati's.
The VDST like the Dealer software only gains limited ecu access like tps, code reset and fuel trim at idle.
Can I reset the throttle-position sensor and service lights through the microtec, or do I still need to get a VDST?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts