Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo..... As you can see something is not right.... Bike was falling all over itself starting around 3500 rpm... Could barely get to 5500 to semi recover... And still ran like shit... Any change we made to the map just made it even worse....

This was the base 848 map... Was hoping it would be a little closer so we could at least work on it...

Are we missing something...

uploadfromtaptalk1403750675463.jpg

·
Registered
377 Posts
Looks like you've got the wrong map... perhaps the bike is set to Map 2 and you're 848 base map is on Map 1, or something?? I think we need a little more to go on.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the unit used. It came set up for a 1098, but also had a ducshop map set up for an 848. I reset the config file to the standard 848... Installed the microtec base map on map 1 and set the evo map on map 2. Map 2 performed worse so I said screw it and went to the base base map.

Right around 3500 ish after the initial spike it would go stupid lean and sputter till around 5k... Then it would sound better bit never recovered the power through the rest of the pull

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We tried making a couple adjustments in the 3500-5500 range and couldn't get it to perform any better or pull straight through it seemed to make it worse any adjustment we made, but the adjustments were doing something....

I set the throttle numbers which were 1.2 and 99.6 we figured something else must be going wrong.... But not sure what could possibly be the culprit. Throttle set up, immobilizer, something I don't even know about?

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
I had something very similar with my Nemesis happen once, funny enough on my 848 as well. I had to start from scratch on the map, its almost as if the map data got corrupt somehow. I re-uploaded the fueling and ignition base maps and started over again. I did my mapping by hand though using the nemesis tune software on my laptop.

Wish I could send you a map, but my stupid PC laptop died a few years ago and I lost my maps. :(

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well and thats what I was worried about... my appointment with the tuner was not to build a new map from scratch. he isn't familiar with the microtec software, but I have no one else remotely local to tune it for me. We kind of thought it would be close to where my stock map was and we could make a few smaller tweaks and we would be good to go. I guess I'm just trying to do a little more research now as to what it could possibly be and im not missing some simple step....

I had something very similar with my Nemesis happen once, funny enough on my 848 as well. I had to start from scratch on the map, its almost as if the map data got corrupt somehow. I re-uploaded the fueling and ignition base maps and started over again. I did my mapping by hand though using the nemesis tune software on my laptop.

Wish I could send you a map, but my stupid PC laptop died a few years ago and I lost my maps. :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do you still have the flapper valve servo hooked up? Sometimes I've seen them close with a Microtec. The spring on the flapper will keep it open if you just remove the cables.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you still have the flapper valve servo hooked up? Sometimes I've seen them close with a Microtec. The spring on the flapper will keep it open if you just remove the cables.

yes the flapper is still hooked up. That was one of our thoughts.

microtec just sent me over another map to try as well and is analyzing my monitor screen to make sure its set up right...

also just noticed a few drops of coolant sitting on my trailer floor... [email protected]#% going to have to see where that leak is after yesterdays dyno session 20140626_120744.jpg

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Your TPS is reading 1.4 at zero RPM so that should read 0 at no RPM so reset the TPS.
Sounds like your Fuelling is off what are the AFR numbers?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive reset the tps 4 times... i used the autocalibration... closed (hit set) open (hit set) its said 1.2 or 1.4 every time... full open read 99.6

the readings were dropping off the air fuel chart completely... (below 10) it was like it spiked rich... freaked out.. went lean... stumbled to 5k ish.. then picked back up.. but was still running lean...

·
Registered
109 Posts
TPS set then TX Config to get it to the ecu, but this wont cause any fueling problem off idle. Am 99% sure is the flapper and should only throw a code if you unplug the servo.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TPS set then TX Config to get it to the ecu, but this wont cause any fueling problem off idle. Am 99% sure is the flapper and should only throw a code if you unplug the servo.
i will unhook the cables and take it down the road... see if it runs

the tps should be properly set.. it was tx'd and saved

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Yea, try what Mark said… good idea. I always ran aftermarket exhausts, so the flapper was never installed.

I'd also take a multimeter to the TPS and see if its smooth through the range.

In terms of the coolant, check the top of the radiator where the mounts are, thats where they tend to crack.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Disconnected the servo... Took it for a little ride... Still feels like its surging a bit through those rpm... Don't think its the culprit....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tried 2 new maps from microtec and disconnected the exhaust cables... Neither resolved the issue

1 - 20 of 32 Posts