Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious has anyone here had any reasonable success using the download supplied maps for the Microtech ecu, I have a 1098 and I am thinking about buying one but I would not be able to get a custom map until probably next year. Thanks

·
Read Only
2,524 Posts
The ones that come with the ecu, be it microtec or nemesis, are not worth it in my opinion. You are better off with purchasing a custom map from Mark at ducshop and fine tune it when you get the time. I am running the 70mm map on my 1098, most of the tuning/adjustment had to be done beneath 10% throttle. Which basically is the area where the autotune has no positive effect.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ones that come with the ecu, be it microtec or nemesis, are not worth it in my opinion. You are better off with purchasing a custom map from Mark at ducshop and fine tune it when you get the time. I am running the 70mm map on my 1098, most of the tuning/adjustment had to be done beneath 10% throttle. Which basically is the area where the autotune has no positive effect.
Thanks. Maybe I will buy the ecu now and wait until I can get a dyno tune to install it.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Why doesn't autotune work below 10% throttle?

I love tuning Microtec and Nemesis.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I dont lnow why it doesn't work below 10% but I know it doesn't. I spoke to Microtec directly and they agreed that it won't work well below 10%.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I dont lnow why it doesn't work below 10% but I know it doesn't. I spoke to Microtec directly and they agreed that it won't work well below 10%.

Tuning done using o2 sensors is wrong to some extent and the proportion of "wrongness" can exceed the lean or rich misfire limits, causing surging, stumbling, flatness or poorer than necessary, mileage.
A talented Duc tuner will usually know when it's time to ignore autotune tuning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts