Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my mirrors, which in my opinion were useless almost completely if not for the turn singles.

I am looking at block off plates. Brands like Oberon,Corse Dynamics, Driven, I want a set of CNC's but they don't make them for the 1198.

So looking for pics of how the different brands look on the Duc. Any pics or insight would be appreciated. 848/1098/1198

Thanks.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Oberon user here. Low profile, came with their own rubber 'washers', and have the same legs as the mirrors to help line up holes for crossthread prevention.

I'm away from the house so only had these shots that show the blockoffs available on PB. Can grab a couple better closeups when I get home later on today, if you need.

-Christian

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As always thanks Christian.

Yeah I am leaning towards the Oberon's pretty thin looking. Almost contemplating getting the gold 1's.. But the black looks good over white too.

Christian how do they bolt on?(I can't find back side pics of the OB's. 1 bolt in the middle or 2# one one each side. I don't know if I like the 2 bolts/nuts sticking out passed the 2 prongs on the inside of the nose fairing that held the mirror.

·
Registered
378 Posts
848/1098/1198 flush LED turn signal lights pictured... if anyone needs a set of these, used them for about a week last year, paid about $100 plus the stock copy Ducati connectors are soldered/heat shrinked ... $50.
http://www.newragecycles.com/1198_Mirror_Block…/1198-mbo.htm
Also have the pair of Driven cnc'd bar end mirrors for a little bit extra.
I've got so much spare stuff that I really need to start to purge

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem! Same like the mirrors. One securement bolt with the two outer 'locator posts'. :)

Found an underside shot I took. Same as how my DP mirrors attach.....just the 1 securement bolt in the middle.
Thanks and thats what I was looking for. Just the 1 bolt in the middle.

Sending you a pm D.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
848/1098/1198 flush LED turn signal lights pictured... if anyone needs a set of these, used them for about a week last year, paid about $100 plus the stock copy Ducati connectors are soldered/heat shrinked ... $50.
http://www.newragecycles.com/1198_Mirror_Block…/1198-mbo.htm
Also have the pair of Driven cnc'd bar end mirrors for a little bit extra.
I've got so much spare stuff that I really need to start to purge
I might take you up on those signals. My Gregg's are looking a bit tired.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a set of SlingShotRacing ones in mint condition, they are red. used *1* time before I turned my bike in to a dedicated track bike. I'd give them to you at a crazy deal, if you do want red and want the SSR ones...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the pics guys

I ended up going with the oberon's in black. I like that they have the 2 post on each to go into the nose/mirror prongs.
However they didn't come with any rubber washers or washers. Luckily I had the 1's from the mirrors.
They fit right and in my opinion look great.

I just need a TTX and ride height rod and I will be set.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the pics guys

I ended up going with the oberon's in black. I like that they have the 2 post on each to go into the nose/mirror prongs.
However they didn't come with any rubber washers or washers. Luckily I had the 1's from the mirrors.
They fit right and in my opinion look great.

I just need a TTX and ride height rod and I will be set.
What are you running for blinkers? Looks great btw.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
What are you running for blinkers? Looks great btw.

My hands :p
been doing it for years on other bikes. Just not as fast as the 1198. Needless to say I won't be sticking my hand out at 160+.

MN state law doesn't require front blinks on MC. I still have TS in the rear taillight. Its just the suburbs that I have to really use my hands :jerkoff: cause they don't have anything better to do.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Right on man, thanks. Wish our cops and laws were as easy going. How do you like the seat over stock, can you put some good miles without being in too much pain?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I put 750 miles in 1 month on a saddleman gel seat just fine. As for touring/long dis probably top 3 most comfortable seats. But the SM gel seat didn't fit flush with the body lines right, kind of big gaps.

The superpole seat fits flush with the body lines. and looks great. thee best looking seat in my opinion.
but does sit up higher on the gas tank. While it is the tallest and thickest seat it's also the hardest/firmest
I am 5'11 180 and the SP seat barley squished from my weight.

Again my opinion cause you asked others might differ but if it was me and touring was the object then Saddleman or a Sarget seat is what you want. Sarget tends to look better. but $$$.
It you want the best track seat or a seat you can dick around on locally then the Superpole seat is for you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Great thanks, I've done 3 back to back days of 700 miles on my 1199s with a comfort seat. So I'm looking for something cushy lol.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was looking at those yoshimura's ^ but ended up going with the ob's

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.