Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there either a mod to make the 999 mirror functionally better, or an alternate mirror that looks good?

Please post pics if you can.

Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was thinking of getting a slightly larger mirror made which would go right over the top. I could use about 25mm more around the circumference. But I don't know how to attach it right on top without using glue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There are some better mirror options, Ducati has a few options in colours, you will have to hunt around to find them. I believe there is a set that just sold on ebay uk or EU? They are exact fits and are around 200.00 a set. Hope that helps...

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't think that for the money you spend it will get that much better visabiltiy. As far as looks go the stockers are the best, almost sport-tourerish. The PO of my bike put stalk mount mirrors and drilled holes for turn signals........ YUK.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't think that for the money you spend it will get that much better visabiltiy. As far as looks go the stockers are the best, almost sport-tourerish. The PO of my bike put stalk mount mirrors and drilled holes for turn signals........ YUK.
I'd agree that the stockers are the best in terms of looks... however some of us have wide shoulders and can't see much unless you move around.

After reading some reviews, it sounds like the best part about moto-science is that their mirrors are both direct fit, and have resistors already wired in so you don't have an abnormally quick turn signal.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I never make lane changes based on using mirrors. Instead I look for absolute no doubt passing first then lane change

Reactions: ChipG

·
Registered
124 Posts
yea me too. Its just hard to believe that those would be THAT much better. I am a big guy with wide shoulders, and just have to pick my arm up slightly and I see what behind be good enough, but I have ALWAYS turned and looked when making lane changes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I 99% of the time look first then change lanes... I just a 999s today that a guy put these small little stick on mirror on the inside angle of the fairing... I will try to get a picture of how he mounted the next time I see that bike...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I try to pass on the right, screw it, then go over to the fast lane in front of the asshole going slow in the fast lane. That way i don't have to look. LOL

·
Banned
263 Posts
if any one is semi decent with a 3d /cad program they shoudl be able to make up some nice spacers/mirror extenders and sell them!
via a decent 3d printer too!

i buy a set

1 - 11 of 11 Posts