Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good functional mirror option for the 848. The stock ones are junk can't see anything. Would like to retain turn signals in mirror

·
Registered
791 Posts
What are some good functional mirror option for the 848. The stock ones are junk can't see anything. Would like to retain turn signals in mirror
+1 These mirrors are worthless. lol I have to lift my arm up every time and look under my armpit.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Best Ive EVER Used !

Please take a serious look at these on their website and even give the owner (Henri) a call on them too!

I have used his mirrors on my last 3 Dukes and they may look smaller or thinner at first glance but in my own personal experience with all 3 of them has been that they provide more rearward view than the stock ones do by far (no pun intended)

They are so simple to plug n play, have LED turn signals within them, and mount up so nice and tight the vibration is almost nothing! Also, they are stiff (at first of course) so when you hit 150mph they don't swing in on ya and once adjusted to your best position they rarely move much after that!

Read up on this forum and others, and perhaps any other reviews out there in the Ducati community. Im 100% sold on them and I think several members here actually are as well after taking my advice on this one. Its been awhile but dropping my name may get ya a discount since he did use my pics on his site for advertising at one point.
Best of luck. Hell, if ya don't care for them he takes em right back no issues at all. Good dude! :D

Ducati 1198 1098 848 Mirrors

Happy shopping!
Attached all the pics of them on my bikes I could find for you here too. I can't find the ones of them on my 1199 Tri. I picked from the image of the 3 all laying down. I think the top is OEM and rest are his. I picked the one on very bottom this time. Love em!

Gunny

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info I like them will definitely take a look at them. Do you know if they come with new rubber pieces and fasteners?

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
IMO bar ends are the way to go for functionality. Of course, you'll need to find an alternative for your turn signals if you go that route.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Cita Corsa has some nice signal-mirror block offs as does Gregg's Custom. Arrow bar end mirrors work great.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am actually entertaining the option of bar ends, but have never ridden with them. Wonder how it is like, my guess it would be an upgrade from stock mirrors.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Def an upgrade. I tried a couple of aftermarket mirrors on the fairing but never found one that I didn't have to move my arms to see behind me. The bar end mirrors give you a wide field of vision straight down the body line about waist high.

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
CRG Arrows for me. Best mirrors I've owned ever.

Arrows with Sato Racing Carbon Mirror Blockoffs

Or with Corse Dynamics Blockoffs
+1000! I love mine I hate the stock and the after market, makes the bike look like Mickey Mouse :wtf:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yup, and no vibration on them either.

Reactions: Tchase

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thanks for posting the photos. I am definitely liking the bar ends. Never tried it before so will give it a shot with block off turn signals

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
I've got the Rhino Bar ends I like the weight, also I went with Gregs custom block offs with blinker light, I'm still not in love with the blinkers I think eventually I will go with normal block off and wire my front running lights for blinkers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
these are awesome pictures, what kind of camera did you use? what did you edit with?

these are awesome pictures, what kind of camera did you use? what did you edit with?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts