Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I agree. Can't judge unless you hear them with your own ears and feel the rumble in your guts. I've heard just stock and full termis in person. I'd love to hear different systems side by side that would be decent but unfortunately it's not likely.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
hicks1098 said:
Arrow? Was that sarcasm or for serious? In my opinion the Arrows reminded me of a honda civic with a terrible cherry bomb exhaust... one of those little ricers that think they're fast
Well its hard to hear from a Youtube video but yeah, I was serious. That does not mean I would buy it for the 1098 even though I know Arrow makes quality stuff... My money will more than likely go towards the Termi when its time.

I guess ya like what ya like and I'm sure for the most part its all good stuff.

Jason

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
It's all about what "You" like. Who cares what other guys say or do. If the pipes make do for you what you wanted them to do, then thats great !! I like the way full system's "Wake" the bike up and get more power and throttle response. The fact that they are "Louder" and more throaty is also a nice thing. I have the Full Termi system on my 999s and it's much quieter than the 1098s, but it still changed the character of the machine after installation.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well I fitted my suonos today, and I have to say I wasn't terribly impressed with the fit. Everything seemed a bit... loose.

For those with the same, did you guys notice the same thing? The springs weren't even under any stress it seemed like they were just hanging there. Not that I'm worried they will fly off or anything but it seemed odd.

Also, I couldn't get the god damn db killers out because I couldn't find my damn lock thingy pliers so I run into town and buy a new set and it turns out they were too bulky and didn't have extensions or anything and I wasn't about to make another 45 min trip into town so I said eff that! Very frustrating. I tried jimmying up some contraptions (some vice grips with nails, some tiny alan keys with some flat screwdrivers... oh boy) and as resourceful as I am I couldn't get them out. You'd think they would toss in a tool to yank it out but I guess it's understandable. If I had my snap-on box from home it would have been a piece of cake but I was using the crap tools at hand here.

All in all I was impressed by the sound with them in they were a bit throatier than stock had a bit more roar, nothing too drastic but understandable because they're street legal and stuff...I'm confident with those db killers out it will be a hell of a difference. I'll be back with a verdict.

·
Registered
54 Posts
:)..the right tools ahh..they always make the job much easier! :) A good pair of needle nose pliers will work too.

Mine appeared a bit loose when I installed them but then I realized that I had to gently tap them in a bit with a rubber mallet. After that they were real snug. The springs also fit better after that. I also cross mounted two of the springs and they fit perfect.

A tip about removing the dbkillers when you get to it. They are easier to remove if you remove the slipons and tap them out from the front with handle end of a hammer. They should come out real easy. Alot easier than trying to grip them with a pair of pliers and pulling them out from the rear.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
kilat said:
:)..the right tools ahh..they always make the job much easier! :) A good pair of needle nose pliers will work too.

Mine appeared a bit loose when I installed them but then I realized that I had to gently tap them in a bit with a rubber mallet. After that they were real snug. The springs also fit better after that. I also cross mounted two of the springs and they fit perfect.

A tip about removing the dbkillers when you get to it. They are easier to remove if you remove the slipons and tap them out from the front with handle end of a hammer. They should come out real easy. Alot easier than trying to grip them with a pair of pliers and pulling them out from the rear.
Crazy its like we were in the same garage. LOl! Just wait until you remove the db killers. Ohhh mannnn!

·
Registered
441 Posts
kilat said:
I had 2 pair of needle nose one was too bulky and the other the ends were filed down and wouldn't fit in the little holes! I'll get it today...one way or another mark my words!:banghead:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
hicks1098 said:
I had 2 pair of needle nose one was too bulky and the other the ends were filed down and wouldn't fit in the little holes! I'll get it today...one way or another mark my words!:banghead:
When you do be ready!!! lol this thing is LOUD! I have people breaking necks from three block away.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
10982nv said:
When you do be ready!!! lol this thing is LOUD! I have people breaking necks from three block away.
My Termi slip-ons w/out the baffles set off the alarm on my SV650S before I sold it!:laughing:

·
Registered
441 Posts
They advertise on the website that they can be slipped on with no tuning (ECU) changes. I have stock air filer and stuff and it runs fine. Sounds great too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We import and sell the MIVV Pipes, and we love the Suono.

If anyone needs a set, contact us - I don't think anyone else can touch our prices (not posting it here because I don't want to break any rules)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts