Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
There's LC350s with RGV250 Banana arms, Vmaxs with 300 section rear tyres, Hayabusas with bolt-on extended swingarms, bikes covered in stunt cages ridden by people who can't wheelie, anyone riding a bike in shorts and a t-shirt ............... and then there's this abomination!

Seriously, a diarrhoea brown cafe racer desmo with hand guards and a diavel exhaust? Maybe if you sold the steering damper, which lets face it has 'major incident involving pedestrian' written all over it, you'd have enough money left to chrome your bell-end.

... just a bit of banter my friend, no hard feelings!

·
Registered
480 Posts
OK, just saw the other photos, particularly the daylight photos.

I guess if the owner is happy with the creation that's all that matters, particularly given he has 5 Desmos.

Can't say I like it though. Especially the colour and the headlight assembly. And all that chrome?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, there is no chrome on the bike. What you see is either nickel plated or polished aluminum. Brown??? The color is a very light gold. Cafe racer??? Are we looking at the same bike or are you just new to motor bikes? Even Stevie Wonder could see this is no cafe racer. This bike...the one in the pictures I posted, is a Street Fighter.
Seriously though, he just didn't want it to resemble a stock bike. So, it was our job to take what could be the most recognizable Ducati and transform it. Keep in mind, he already owned the Roland Sands flat tracker so it had to be different than that one, too. Now, I posted this bike here in the Desmosedici RR section making it's very easy for everyone to identify. What if you saw this bike sitting at the local bike night, with a bunch of other bikes. How long do you think it would take you to figure out what it really was?
We're a small shop that builds mostly traditional style choppers and high performance Harley Davidsons. This was only the second Ducati to ever come in. And, it came in disassembled, in boxes. For us, this project was a real
challenge. We knew we couldn't do this to such an iconic bike and expect everyone to appreciate it. We did have a lot of fun doing it, though. And, it's a blast to ride! Cheers!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have always known a street fighter to be a plastic-dipped Japanese bike that has been crashed and rashed and the owner could not afford new plastic, so he just removed it all and tarted it up however was necessary to keep it street legal, or glued fur to the rashed plastic.

WTF is a "street fighter" Desmosedici?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What is a Desmosedici RR Street Fighter???

Check the post in this section titled "Couple more of the naked Desmosedici RR" Apollo2. It's not Japanese, it's not plastic dipped and i don't see any fur on it. But, it is a Street Fighter...a Desmosedici RR Street Fighter. And, it's still really fast and really fun. Maybe we could do something like this to one of your Desmos one day. Cheers!

I have always known a street fighter to be a plastic-dipped Japanese bike that has been crashed and rashed and the owner could not afford new plastic, so he just removed it all and tarted it up however was necessary to keep it street legal, or glued fur to the rashed plastic.

WTF is a "street fighter" Desmosedici?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Actually, there is no chrome on the bike. What you see is either nickel plated or polished aluminum. Brown??? The color is a very light gold. Cafe racer??? Are we looking at the same bike or are you just new to motor bikes? Even Stevie Wonder could see this is no cafe racer. This bike...the one in the pictures I posted, is a Street Fighter.
Seriously though, he just didn't want it to resemble a stock bike. So, it was our job to take what could be the most recognizable Ducati and transform it. Keep in mind, he already owned the Roland Sands flat tracker so it had to be different than that one, too. Now, I posted this bike here in the Desmosedici RR section making it's very easy for everyone to identify. What if you saw this bike sitting at the local bike night, with a bunch of other bikes. How long do you think it would take you to figure out what it really was?
We're a small shop that builds mostly traditional style choppers and high performance Harley Davidsons. This was only the second Ducati to ever come in. And, it came in disassembled, in boxes. For us, this project was a real
challenge. We knew we couldn't do this to such an iconic bike and expect everyone to appreciate it. We did have a lot of fun doing it, though. And, it's a blast to ride! Cheers!
Hey Bmotomo, you know what, each to their own I guess. Looks very well turned out for sure, but I think you've guessed its not my cup of tea!

·
Registered
459 Posts
But, it is a Street Fighter...a Desmosedici RR Street Fighter. And, it's still really fast and really fun. Maybe we could do something like this to one of your Desmos one day. Cheers!
Please DEFINE "street fighter." To me a Street Fighter has always been a bike that lost a fight with the street and was parading around with black eyes, missing teeth and bandages covering things up that need covering.

No thank you. My Desmosedici is really fast and really fun just as it is. My Desmosedici is also really good looking, too.

FWIW, I think the Roland Sands flat tracker is really nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, Apollo2, the RSD bike looks really nice. I've seen it up close, worked on it and have ridden it quite a bit. The build quality is very, very nice as well. That being said, if I had to choose between the two, to ride on the street or around a flat track I would choose ours. And, if you rode them I'm sure you would to. It's a much more effective transformation, performance wise. Here's a pic I took of his bike the last time it was in our shop for some service and a little r&d work. Having access to it helped us refine our bike to give the customer a bike that performed really well to.
By the way...who says you have to start with a shitty bike when building a Street Fighter?

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.