Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, I put my despoist down but what I forgot to ask, or even be asked, is whether or not I wanted a Mono or Bi 1098. So I called the dealer back, and I was surprised to find out the 1098 will be available in a mono/bi config! With removeable foot rests and a rear seat cowl, the 1098 will go both ways (in a good way ofcourse)! I cant believe I missed out on that tid-bit of info.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yep, that is correct.

But the footrest didn't arrive here yet. I have my 1098S since dec 2006.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Peet said:
Yep, that is correct.

But the footrest didn't arrive here yet. I have my 1098S since dec 2006.

The P-pegs and P-seat should be in the crate with the bike when delivered from Italy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
NO.

If you ask anyone in Europe that had the first shipment of 1098S, they will tell you that it didn't came with the toolkit or passenger pegs.

I received the toolkit last week. The passenget pegs should be here within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Peet said:
NO.

If you ask anyone in Europe that had the first shipment of 1098S, they will tell you that it didn't came with the toolkit or passenger pegs.

I received the toolkit last week. The passenget pegs should be here within 2 weeks.

So. . .what was Ducati's excuse for not having the tool kit and the Biposto hardware in the crate for those first shipments of the 1098s??

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
That so called tool kit is quite the joke. Not that any other manufacturers give you anything any better. I just thought for those few extra nickels and dimes that I paid for the duc might have included a bit more quality than the thow away type tools.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That so called tool kit is quite the joke.
I agree for what I paid for my 1098S I still wonder if my dealership just lost some of the tools I should have recieved.

Best tool kit with a bike that I ever got was for my MV1000. It came with a nice tool kit, Chain Adjuster tool, several allen keys, and a few spare fuses.

Ducati Kit a thingamabob and a 2 whachamadoodles I dont even know what the hell you use them for, not even 1 allen key.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmmm. I must got my new/old duc... a 748 and I thought the toolkit was pretty good... I've never seen a "good" one in my life with most bikes, but the 748's kit consisted of a plug wrench, 4 allen wrenches, a chain adj. spanner, screwdriver, front wheel tool, a couple of box wrenchs... I thought it was pretty good.. Well the selection was good, the quality sucks.. but it's enough. The new Duc's don't have all that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts