Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched through the bar replacement threads quickly and I've only seen people adding risers. Has anyone lowered the bars? I rode the M1200 yesterday back to back with a Streetfighter 848. I loved the SF riding position and felt immediately relaxed and comfortable on it. Not so the Monster though. Neither the bar nor footpegs were to my liking. Great motor though for sure. I'd love to ride a M1200 with the SF riding position. Has anyone here tightened up the riding position to their liking?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just looking in to this yesterday because I want to do something similar to mine.

There are two options that I found - one being a bit less expensive than the other.

The first would be to go with a set of "real" clip-ons. Woodcraft 12-0157 fits the forks on the 1200S (I'm not sure about the forks on the non-S 1200. S forks are 57mm).

I've found these anywhere from $135-$150. Be advised that you do have to trim the headlight housing a little to get everything to clear. Someone on ducatimonster - dot - org in the 1200 section just did this and you can see his detailed write-up with pictures there.

The second option is a bit more expensive but you may like the looks of it better. Same company, but they make an adapter plate that replaces the factory risers with a new plate that can be flipped upside-down to drop the bars up to 3.5" from stock.

I'm not sure if posting links will get me in trouble or not since this is my first post, but Google "Woodcraft 12-2630" and you'll find it.

This setup will let you flip the plate and either ride with higher bars or lower bars, which is nice. You also don't have to trim your headlight housing with this option, and it'll be easier to install. The only down-side is that it's almost double the price of the other solution.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just looking in to this yesterday because I want to do something similar to mine.

There are two options that I found - one being a bit less expensive than the other.

The first would be to go with a set of "real" clip-ons. Woodcraft 12-0157 fits the forks on the 1200S (I'm not sure about the forks on the non-S 1200. S forks are 57mm).

I've found these anywhere from $135-$150. Be advised that you do have to trim the headlight housing a little to get everything to clear. Someone on ducatimonster - dot - org in the 1200 section just did this and you can see his detailed write-up with pictures there.

The second option is a bit more expensive but you may like the looks of it better. Same company, but they make an adapter plate that replaces the factory risers with a new plate that can be flipped upside-down to drop the bars up to 3.5" from stock.

I'm not sure if posting links will get me in trouble or not since this is my first post, but Google "Woodcraft 12-2630" and you'll find it.

This setup will let you flip the plate and either ride with higher bars or lower bars, which is nice. You also don't have to trim your headlight housing with this option, and it'll be easier to install. The only down-side is that it's almost double the price of the other solution.
Thanks. The 2630 option seems like a great choice for tailoring. It never turned up in my google searches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys
I have the monster 1200 R and want to get the rizoma straight bar on it but the bike has a steering damper with a special handle bar clamp bracket that also holds the steering damper.
I dont think the rizoma bar will fit straight into my clamp because of its center thickness, what's the solution? Anybody try something similar?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts