Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of acquiring a 1200 Monster, which I intend to ride home across a few state lines (I am in the U.S.). I have concluded that I will need a tank bag for this trip and perhaps for later riding.

If you have a tank bag, which one do you have and how do you like it? How did it mount? Would you care to share pictures of the bike with the bag mounted?

Any advice or suggestion is appreciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I posted some pictures of my SW-Motech/Bags Connection bag in an earlier thread in the 821 subforum.

I've been using it a while and is nearly always on the bike. I also have a bigger bag (from my BMW) that also fits on the same connector, but don't use it as much.

Great stuff, if a little pricey (kind of like Ducati!)

http://www.ducati.org/forums/ducati-monster-821/76609-tank-bags-m821-2.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
SW Motech on my Monster 696. I have the electrified mounting ring so I could charge my phone & use the GPS. I got the EVO City bag, 11-15 liters. Good for day trips. Holds gloves, phone, iPad and a few more small items. Quality of construction is excellent. Mounting system excellent. Electric works OK but you'll need to purchase extras to make it work with your bike & electronics. Price is high & tough to swallow but glad I did. If you can wait until I get home next week, I can send pictures.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How does it mount then? Is it mounted through a tank ring?
Yes. My BMW had the "earlier" mounting system which was a little bit of a pain to use (a sort of "hook and then seat" thing for lack of a better word).

The one I got for the Monster had the newer "push on" system, which is far superior. I was able to "upgrade" my BMW (and it's bigger bag), which I thought was another plus for sw motech...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts