Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought my bike into the dealer for the stalling/CEL issue. I was informed the 1200 and other bikes with the same throttle assemblies have been having this problem. There is an updated part/ throttle assembly out to fix this issue. Get it fixed! Mine got progressively worse as I rode to the dealer. Bike rode rough and I couldn't get it up to 70. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What model year?

Brought my bike into the dealer for the stalling/CEL issue. I was informed the 1200 and other bikes with the same throttle assemblies have been having this problem. There is an updated part/ throttle assembly out to fix this issue. Get it fixed! Mine got progressively worse as I rode to the dealer. Bike rode rough and I couldn't get it up to 70. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know how recent the revised part came out. The '15s may not be affected. Good to keep an eye out though. I noticed similar problems with other riders throughout the forum. Don't remember all the years and models.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Throttel Assembly

Yes, this has been seen by the techs I talk to, but it is a very low occurrence. I will tell you some of the things that affect it.

-tying down by the handlebars, on any ride by wire bike, you must tie down when towing, or being serviced, by the triple tree and a soft tie, the axial force on the throttle grip can damage the sensor

-The symptom is easy, the CEL if on will provide a code to the technician, and it is easy to diagnose. The parts are only a few days away, and you should be on the road, by the weekend.

May I ask who your dealer is, they should have an easy handle on this.

Thor

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the bike back from the dealer a couple of days ago. Was able to test ride it today. All seems good with the world. All that was replaced is the throttle assembly. I got some Rizoma front turn signals while I had the bike there. I'm back to happy. 😬 Oh, my dealer is Westlake Ducati, Thousand Oaks, California.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts