Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given a second-hand bought M796, which has been modded with LED bulbs instead of the OEM ones. (not by me)

Noticed during the night, that the high-beam is actually brightens the sides of the road and NOT the way in front of me (aka there's still a huge blind spot in the center).

I'd say that the hi-beam only illuminates on the left side at 09:00 and the right around 14:00-15:00 o'clock, but this should not be the way it works. Couldn't find any materials on the web which would mention this phenomena.

Any ideas on what's the issue here?

Thanks a lot, folks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Most LED headlight bulbs have the facility to rotate the bulb in it's base to properly focus the bulb, ideally it's handy to have a halogen bulb on hand so you can see how the filaments are situated in relation to the base as that is what you are trying to emulate more or less. Otherwise just try twisting the bulb in it's base whilst watching the beam change until you get it to your liking.
Also, check the bulb base is seated into the headlight correctly.
As a rule most good quality LED bulbs have multiple small SMD's (usually 3) to mimic the halogen filament positioning, poor quality ones tend to have one big SMD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts