Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I am a new member from Western Australia. Have been riding a while but only recently purchased a 2014 Monster 796.
Now that I have ridden the bike a few times I have noticed a vibration under acceleration and probably more noticeable in 4th and 5th gears. The bike has had its first service and done 1100kms so just broken in.
Is the vibration all normal and just a function of the Ducati family. I would appreciate other members’ views.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I rode a 2005 Monster 620 in the Philippines for several years. Quite a lot of vibration from the foot pegs and the mirrors were almost unusable at highway speeds. Last year I started riding a 2014 Monster 796 in the USA. Less vibration from the pegs and mirrors but feels like more vibration overall!

·
Registered
115 Posts
That vibration is the L-twin motor... the engine pulses are more pronounced than, say, an inline 4 or such. Very noticeable below 4000RPM, but you can feel it through the entire rev range.

First time I rode a Ducati I was taken a bit aback by the vibration... I was also lugging the motor, thinking a V-twin (L-twin) was supposed to be a torque monster in the lower revs. The Ducati is not tuned that way.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
If you want to use your mirror you have to ease off the throttle until the mirrors stop shaking, docs on what you want then gas it again..

Or use the FIRST rule of Italian motor sport....

What's behind .. Doesn't matter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.