Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I would like to choose an exhaust for my Monster, but I could find only some alternatives. Please help me to decide:
Termignoni Slip-on - 1100€
SC-Project Twin GP70-R or Twin CR-T - 1040€
SC-Project SCR1 - 740€
Arrow - 710€

As you can see everything is quite expensive because of the new model... I really like the Competition Werkes GP (450€?), but it needs some welding to fit. Would the modification alter the sound?

What is your recommendation? Is it worth any slip-on 1100€ (I don't think so, even if the double pipes are beautiful), or wait a year for the prices to fall? Will the prices fall at all? Do you know any other exhaust? How risky is to modify the CW exhaust to fit? Of course I would made it with a professional, not by myself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi BlackBeard,

I recently had the Termignoni slip-on installed on my 2015 Monster 821 and I absolutely love both the look of the double pipes and the sound they make without the dB killers.

Are they worth the money? Maybe not to an accountant.

But when I roll on the throttle and when I look back at my bike in the garage, I'm saying Yes! Brings a smile to my face every time...

Paul

·
Registered
249 Posts
Accountant here. lol.

I went for the SC project conic. It's well made and fits the bike well. Also comes with a removable baffle. Not that you'll fit it.

The SC project doesn't come with a chip like the Termis - but then I've been riding around for a year and a half without any issues.

The remapping key is why you pay more...

Neil

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, the Termignoni costs 1570€ for the 2018 model. It is just too much. Considering that I only work for ~2 years, the money is better spent elsewhere. I will ask the service about the possibility to fit the exhaust from the older models. I think I will try to install the CW exhaust, even if some drilling or welding is needed. I attach 2 pictures and you can see what I am talking about. If I succeed, then I will post the result here, since this may be a useful knowledge for every rider.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news, the Competition Werkes GP fits perfectly to the Monster 2018. No drill, no welding, just 2 screw. The original exhaust sounds like a grumpy fart (not bad for a stock), but the CW is like a rock band in hell. I decided to use the baffle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good news, the Competition Werkes GP fits perfectly to the Monster 2018. No drill, no welding, just 2 screw. The original exhaust sounds like a grumpy fart (not bad for a stock), but the CW is like a rock band in hell. I decided to use the baffle.
Do you know if this is the case for older 821s? I have a 2016 and would love to try this model if it's a direct fit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello,
yes the CW fits the older 821 model, too. Many rider use it. My problem was whether it fits the new model with the new exhaust system. The CW was developed for the Monster 1200 2014-16, but it seems to fit also for the Monster 1200 (non R) 2017-, Monster 821 2014-2017, and Monster 821 2018-.
I think this is the case for all of the smaller slip-ons, which doesn't have the upper capture point next to the passenger pegs. That screw is now in a different position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. I just got mine and installed it today. The sound!! Like hounds from hell and I love it. No baffle for me yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Weird, why would CW reply that they are getting the 2018 exhaust out, when the old one just fits. Atleast thats what they mentioned on facebook, when someone asked about it.

Im really considering the SC projects race exhausts, but currently the CW is ahead, because theres an insert for it and its cheaper, altho its only available in america, which makes me pay about 175$ of customs on it, otherwise it would be a no brainer for me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Weird, why would CW reply that they are getting the 2018 exhaust out, when the old one just fits. Atleast thats what they mentioned on facebook, when someone asked about it.

Im really considering the SC projects race exhausts, but currently the CW is ahead, because theres an insert for it and its cheaper, altho its only available in america, which makes me pay about 175$ of customs on it, otherwise it would be a no brainer for me.
Not sure how it compares, but for what it's worth I just got a carbon LeoVince exhaust on eBay (brand new) for $370 shipped to the US from the UK.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts