Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Need to paint one of my foot peg holders. Thing is that I’m not sure what color exactly it is. Found color chart and it looks like Grigio Opaco is the one. Then found another picture with Grigio Scuro paint which looks more like the right one.

Does anyone painted his Ducati here? Need your opinion guys!

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

I’ve duplicated the same question to another ducati forum as well.

·
Registered
S4
10 Posts
I think they might be paint codes for body work.
Grigio Scuro (Senna) is the paint for senna colour scheme with red wheels. The wheels are a different red to the usual ducati red.
That chart does not have the senna red or the gold for the earlier frames so I think it is for body work only.

Attachments

·
Registered
S4
10 Posts
Hi guys!

Need to paint one of my foot peg holders. Thing is that I’m not sure what color exactly it is. Found color chart and it looks like Grigio Opaco is the one. Then found another picture with Grigio Scuro paint which looks more like the right one.

Does anyone painted his Ducati here? Need your opinion guys!

View attachment 170725

View attachment 170726

I’ve duplicated the same question to another ducati forum as well.
Sorry about the screenshot.
I'm on my phone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After welding the mechanic removed paint using a strip disc. It wasn’t holding anymore after high temperature impact during welding. You could’ve rip it off with a nail.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Paint will never hold up on that part...welding, re-anodizing...an eBay replacement might have been an easier strategy... probably cheaper... nevertheless...ever thought of just upgrading it?...my rsv rearsets were crazy cheap

·
Registered
11 Posts
At this point, your best bet is probably going to be chemically stripping it and re-anodizing. With the heat of welding, I'd also be worried about the base metal becoming brittle.

Stripping both sides and powder coating them to match in the color of your choice is probably the best and cheapest at this point, at least if you are in the USA. In Europe, it may be cost-prohibitive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts