Ducati.org forum banner

Monster 821 Gold wheels Pics n' Video

10K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  DUCaddict 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all, got my wheels back and I think thy look sharp. Here's a few pics to be jelly over and the vid will be posted as its done uploading

I'm either going to do the frame in matching gold or green this winter and add some green pin striping to make it look like a tricolore 1199scheme.

Let me know your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent

See less See more
1 5
#2 ·
Hello all, got my wheels back and I think thy look sharp. Here's a few pics to be jelly over and the vid will be posted as its done uploading

I'm either going to do the frame in matching gold or green this winter and add some green pin striping to make it look like a tricolore 1199scheme.

Let me know your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent
Wow!!!

That looks amazing.

I like it.

Gold handlebar maybe?

Attachments

#3 ·
That looks incredible!!!!

I'd steer clear of the green. That's just me...

#16 ·
Yeah impulse decision. Also listed on here.

There's no options for suspension or steering damper which for my pace I ride it is really prefer to have. Dont want to sell it but, ugh idk. I would for a reasonable offer. I've been riding my KTM 1190r so much recently

I'm gonna start a thread for suspension and steering damper options now I think ofnit

#17 ·
I am in the same boat and I totally agree. However, I have put on just about 5,000 miles and thus it will be a little harder to sell for the price I would need.

I absolutely love the power this bike makes but I found the suspension and handling is really not inspiring as much confidence as I initially thought. It will take a few thousand dollars at least (front & rear suspension) before I can get it to a better place, and thats not counting any of the other mods I have been looking forward to.

#18 ·
The bike makes about 35hp too much for its chassis and suspension. It's really setup with too wicked a motor for what it's philosophy of use is. It's a stronger smoother and revvier than my 749 motor was. I wish this engine was in the panigale as its the perfect amount of speed which 150 in the 899 being too much and the old 848 being to chuggy.

I'd venture to say this bike puts down maybe 105 to the wheel and is a better motor than any 600cc il4 for anything but the track. I'd happily give up 5hp for the low and mid range of this motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.