Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

The first thing I decided to do was add the tail tidy, I opted for the R&G one which was pretty good value in the UK.

I took myself and my father in law slightly more than the 45 mins to install but we got there in the end and pleased with the results.

It's pretty straight forward helped by watching a install video of a the Motodynamics tail tidy as it shows you how to remove the OEM one quite clearly.

The fun and games started when trying to push the existing rubber indicator holders through the R&G frame which took a lot of effort, washing up liquid and time! We got there in the end.

Once you have done that, there are no cables which need to be cut, everything connects as you would expect and you can end up with most of the cables from both indicators and the rear number plate LED on the R&G kit pretty will hidden under the seat without too much trouble.

A good first project and am pleased with the results.

Pictures should be on here and will get some more of the full bike tomorrow when out and about.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Not in the rain, but on Sunday I rode the bike on wet roads following some rain. It does flick up a bit into the back of the bike and jacket but not so bad that it becomes a problem. I didn't notice at the time, only once I'd removed the jacket and was giving the bike a quick clean down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
wet either way

Even with the stock tail u get wet.
I been caught in rain and 2 storms, back of my jacket and whole passenger seat was covered with dirt afterwards.
I just might try this kit it looks so much better than stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.