Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have link to a video or easy to follow instructions to replace my timing belts?
Likely using the tooth counting process. Can’t seem to find a video.
thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. If I am using the tooth counting process, is this correct: remove gas tank and exhaust, remove spark plugs, put cycling into TDC, market belts, transfer marks onto new belts, replace belts, don’t let pulleys move, tighten belt to correct frequency, spin motor a few times and check belt frequency.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The belt and paint marks is a myth...but go ahead and try it...but once your done...hold up a straight edge to the T-slots...it won't be straight...people slave over valve adjustments getting them fraction of a mm perfect and then just throw all the work away by neglecting 3 torx screws...the tool to hold the cams isn't hard to fabricate and it's incredibly easy to check if it's done correctly by checking the alignment

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you have access to a 3d printer or a friend with one and some beer money.....

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you have access to a 3d printer or a friend with one and some beer money.....

That is NOT the tool you want!!

This holds the cams toothed wheel in place...you need them free with the cam itself held in place...again do it whatever way you want...just check it with a straight edge after...anything outside of dead perfect is messing your open/closer gap tolerances

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts