Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy easter everyone!

Just a quick question. Timming belt outer cover on my Monster 821 gets really hot. I wear jeans and it burns through it.
Is it normal operating temperature ?

Just want to be sure that heat is not generated with belts and roller interaction.

TOT 1900 km and year 2015

IMG_2495.jpg IMG_2496.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is your knee actually touching that part? Or is the radient heat THAT hot? I've never noticed mine to be hot there, although the right side of the bike is pretty toasty overall. I don't ride in jeans but I don't have any marks on my leather pants / over pants

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Is your knee actually touching that part? Or is the radient heat THAT hot? I've never noticed mine to be hot there, although the right side of the bike is pretty toasty overall. I don't ride in jeans but I don't have any marks on my leather pants / over pants

I actually touch it with my knee. When I have balls of my feet on the footrest, far back from rear break lever.

Now I’m confused, don’t know if the exhaust heat it up so much, or there is something to do with timming belt.

The other part is not heating that much though . The one which covers another timming belt.

It is not that bad really to burn leather pants, but still quite hot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts