Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I am new member hope this is the right section for info,does anyone know at what temp thermo fan will cut in on monster 821 I have gotten it to 97deg Celsius and it had not come on.thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Modern bikes sure do run hot. Tho Ducati seems to run very hot, very quick. Short answer, I'm not sure, maybe search for the manual. On my 1198 1 fan comes on at 100C, and the second fan at 105C. I think. I installed a manual fan switch (connects to the relay). Provided coolant mix is as per manual, boiling point should be 120C-130C. So I'd just idle it, keeping an eye on the temp gauge, and see when the fan/s kick in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Modern bikes sure do run hot. Tho Ducati seems to run very hot, very quick. Short answer, I'm not sure, maybe search for the manual. On my 1198 1 fan comes on at 100C, and the second fan at 105C. I think. I installed a manual fan switch (connects to the relay). Provided coolant mix is as per manual, boiling point should be 120C-130C. So I'd just idle it, keeping an eye on the temp gauge, and see when the fan/s kick in.
okay will try thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.