Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a 2002 s4 the other day. I love it. My first Ducati. Its real quick and picks up speed real fast. But when I get to 110, its like it bogs down and stays there. Even if I have the throttle all the way open. The speedometer goes to 160. So I know it can go faster. Any idea what I can do to get it to its full potential?

·
Registered
581 Posts
MIles? Last service? etc etc etc etc help us help you. Symptoms, sounds, blah blah blah

·
Registered
581 Posts
Also the top speed of a S4 is 140 according to the book. Just as a reference.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
The speedometer on my father-in-law's Sonata hybrid goes to 160, so I know it can go that fast too.:laughing:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Any mods? If the gearing is changed it can alter the top speed which might explain it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No mods. All stock except a different exhaust. But I don't think that would slow it down that much.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Would there be a govner in it from the factory?
No.

It sounds as though it needs some TLC / service work.

Most likely a blocked fuel filter in the tank. Tank could be rusty. :confused: Water :confused: Shit fuel :confused:

Service history is the best place to start. If you don't have that then assume it needs it all. Filters, belts, plugs etc.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Don't be afraid to suggest that your 'mates' reckon it might be the fuel filter.
Or they might take a lot of $$ from you for doing everything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts