Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an 09 848 (my first duc!) and I decided to go with some hid's as I am used to them and love them in my 08 690 duke. I went with the elite morimoto kit from Motorcycle: Morimoto Elite HID System (H1,H7,H9) - HID Systems from The Retrofit Source Inc. I could not figure out how to install the wire harness that came with the kit and it seems as if it is not needed for the ducati. I hooked the ballast's up to the bulbs and then to the stock wire harness. The lights will fire when the ignition is on but shut off after about 45 seconds. This morning I started the bike to see if that made a difference, and it did. The bike will start and idle for about 1-1/2 minutes and then dies. The lights stayed running the whole time though. The wire harness has an input from bike connector (looks like a wall plug) and two extra pin connectors. I have no idea where those would go. Does anyone have experience with the morimoto kits? I am lost here! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts