Ducati.org forum banner

Most Rare Homologated Ducati

7K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  Bmwn52882 
#1 · (Edited)
Good morning everyone,
I'm a new Italian member of the Ducati.org forum:yo:!

I would like to know if you have information on which is the most rare Ducati..

My Dealer told me that Ducati has built only 73 worldwide of the 1198R Corse SE. Have you some information about that?

Thankssss

#3 ·
I got curious, googled around for a while:

Of the 916 SPA there's supposedly only produced 50.

Or if you fancy an older model Ducati Berliner 1260 Apollo which should only 2 produced

Only 12 Ducati 888 SP4 produced

1996 Ducati Foggy Rep 996 SPS WSB homologation only a couple in UK

67 pcs Ducati Supermono

25 pcs 1978 Ducati 900 NCR

12 pcs 1959 Ducati 175cc F3 Production Racer

#7 ·
That is correct for the current number (assuming homologation is for WSBK) for homologation. There was a time when far less was required so back in the 90s there were fewer built to qualify for WSBK homologation. At one point 50 was the number (I think!) and a little later, 100 was the required number. Then there was a different number for small batch manufacturers like Bimota. I don't remember what years that was the case. It was 2000 for a little bit, then 1000 and reduced to 500 for this year.

WSBK Homologation Requirement Numbers Halved - Asphalt & Rubber

Return of the Superbike homologation special: what happens in 2017? - Bikesport News

The last link states the current rule of 500

#10 ·
@CPH_848

Sure.. and they told me that only 73 worldwide and 26 in Europe...

but Iwould like to know the opinion of some Ducati owners in different forums if the 1198R would be a good bike also for investment considering that is the last "traliccio frame" and last "Testastretta engine" and the production is only 73...

#11 ·
Depends on your location and price.

In the US, the last sold 1198R Corse I can think of sold for ~$25,000 with about ~4K miles. I know of one in Japan selling for $50K and about ~2K miles.

I wouldn't think it's a good investment value stateside.

#20 ·
@NorCal996

First..it's true what you sat but we are here for Ducati passion so..if I want a Ducati In my opynion the best choice is the best model for "ducati's aim" and "History" so..I think that the 1198R COrse for tecnique and rareness is the best ...

#27 ·
@DrgnRcr

I don't know yet..the dealer told me that this owner is thinking to sell it..today is closed tomorrow I will ask to the dealer the owner's intention..but I think that less than 35/40K Euros is difficult....

He told me that this R mounts all the DP catalog, pressurized Ohlins fork and a lot of others original parts DP..and the most important thing NO TRACK !

#33 ·
Ducati made the minimum 500 units of the 1990 750 sport and 150 were shipped to USA to meet the minimum number of units to qualify for Racing rules. the black color is even more rare than the red as i owned one of these black bikes. came from factory with a single weber carb that most swapped with Mikunis. a parts bin special from factory but its a cool bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.