Ducati.org forum banner

Motion Pro Rev2 Throttle install

4K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Tchase 
#1 · (Edited)
Motion Pro Rev2 Throttle install help

Looking for placement and install advice for the Motion Pro Rev2 throttle cable housing on my 848 track bike. I have it currently mounted pretty close to stock position, but its very tight and while the cables aren't binding, they are angled a bit. If I try to install as shown in all the install pics and stuff from Motion Pro, over the top of the kill switch, the cables are too short. I have verified the part number from Motion Pro's website is the same that I received.

So, any of you that have a successful install, could you offer advice or post pics of your placement? It just seems to me that I should have a little wiggle room, but maybe I shouldn't and just don't realize it.

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I screwed with my forever! I did the Sato quick throttle, and the OEM.

If you look at the workshop manual it's shows the cables going over the the master. This doesn't work and as I researched that seemed to be proven that the book shows it wrong...

As long as you have full snap back in any position the bars are in from stop to stop you should have it right.

One big problem I had is the cables came out of the bracket on the airbox, that little bracket makes all the difference so make sure the cables are still run through it.

All of the pics are from the work shop manual and I could not get them to work that way. The last is from the IPC the bracket I'm talking about. The cable routing is correct but coming over the master cylinder doesn't work..

Attachments

Reactions: CorseRob
#9 ·
I saw that too and it confused the crap out of me. Those pics from the shop manual are one of the reasons for posting here because there was no way the case would fit that way.

I have seen photos of it installed in different positions on this series bike, so I wanted to find out if I had it wrong or possibly got the wrong pieces in this kit...just want to make sure I do it right.

#8 ·
That's one if the issues that I'm having...I can't angle the lever any further forward ir the fitting hits the fork tube. When I got the bike, it was mostly in a box...I think they installed the wrong front brake line as the fitting seems to be angled incorrectly. I would think it should angle away from the fork tube.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.