Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured that it is about time for a new topic, and we are one week away from what may be another spectacular race..
Predictions..
Jorge..
Marquez..
Rossi..
Dovi..
Crazy Joe..

I think that Jorge will be on top, even if his choice of helmet is not what I would wear..

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I figured that it is about time for a new topic, and we are one week away from what may be another spectacular race..
Predictions..
Jorge..
Marquez..
Rossi..
Dovi..
Crazy Joe..

I think that Jorge will be on top, even if his choice of helmet is not what I would wear..
Really?? You're putting Lorenzo at the top?? That's a VERY bold prediction my friend! I'd be willing to be lots of money that Lorenzo will most definitely not win this race...interested? :D

May I remind you of the results from last year's race?

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2014/AME/MotoGP/RAC/Classification.pdf?v3_bd0a1d55

Granted Lorenzo made that stupid mistake and got a drive-through, but look at the gap between Marquez and Pedrosa (who won't be racing there now), and then the gap to Dovi, and Iannone, and Rossi! Both years there, Pedrosa was the only other challenger to Marquez, and with him gone now??....My money's on Marquez, and if he happens to do something stupid, or have bike problems, my money's on Dovi for stepping up the top of the podium :popcorn:

NO YAMAHA WILL WIN AT COTA! Mark my words ;)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Really?? You're putting Lorenzo at the top?? That's a VERY bold prediction my friend! I'd be willing to be lots of money that Lorenzo will most definitely not win this race...interested? :D

May I remind you of the results from last year's race?

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2014/AME/MotoGP/RAC/Classification.pdf?v3_bd0a1d55

Granted Lorenzo made that stupid mistake and got a drive-through, but look at the gap between Marquez and Pedrosa (who won't be racing there now), and then the gap to Dovi, and Iannone, and Rossi! Both years there, Pedrosa was the only other challenger to Marquez, and with him gone now??....My money's on Marquez, and if he happens to do something stupid, or have bike problems, my money's on Dovi for stepping up the top of the podium :popcorn:

We'll have to see if they have what it takes to keep up during their FP's. It's difficult to say if Yamaha will not win because of the other contenders being stronger. They'll play a big role because it will slow Marquez down enough for the Yamaha's to keep up. But yes, that is a long straight for the Honda and Ducati to use. I can't wait!

:yo:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really?? You're putting Lorenzo at the top?? That's a VERY bold prediction my friend! I'd be willing to be lots of money that Lorenzo will most definitely not win this race...
Yes, it may be bold .. And I may be way off..
But prior to the race at Qatar? Some were saying the same thing..

I suppose that I look at the past like this..
Going in to 2013, and as it began.. The strongest guy was Lorenzo in my eyes..
Then he crashed.. Broke some bones.. And wasn't really the same then on.
He still won more races than the Champ that year... But that broken collar bone and that mistake took his title away in my eyes..

2014.. Jorge wasn't really healed up or fit yet.. Mistakes in both of the first two races..
And remember, when speaking about COTA 2014? Bridgstone brought out year old tires out of paranoia..
Jorge jumped the start.. Whoops..

But by the end of last year? Jorge was on form again..too little too late..

2015.. Jorge is fit.. Ready.. And let down by his damn helmet in Qatar.. But he was at the front during the race.. And looking good before his helmet let him down.

I feel that this is the year that Jorge will challenge Marc for the title.. And he will want to make the mark soon..

No one thought that Yamaha was going to show up on the box and Qatar.. Qualified badly.. But look how that turned out?

I said it before Qatar.. Do not count the Yamaha guys out.. And one won..
This should be a good race, and yes.. I expect to see Yamaha do well..

But, I may be full of shit..
If I wasn't buying new tires for my bike? I would put money on it..:)

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Yes, it may be bold .. And I may be way off..
But prior to the race at Qatar? Some were saying the same thing..

I suppose that I look at the past like this..
Going in to 2013, and as it began.. The strongest guy was Lorenzo in my eyes..
Then he crashed.. Broke some bones.. And wasn't really the same then on.
He still won more races than the Champ that year... But that broken collar bone and that mistake took his title away in my eyes..

2014.. Jorge wasn't really healed up or fit yet.. Mistakes in both of the first two races..
And remember, when speaking about COTA 2014? Bridgstone brought out year old tires out of paranoia..
Jorge jumped the start.. Whoops..

But by the end of last year? Jorge was on form again..too little too late..

2015.. Jorge is fit.. Ready.. And let down by his damn helmet in Qatar.. But he was at the front during the race.. And looking good before his helmet let him down.

I feel that this is the year that Jorge will challenge Marc for the title.. And he will want to make the mark soon..

No one thought that Yamaha was going to show up on the box and Qatar.. Qualified badly.. But look how that turned out?

I said it before Qatar.. Do not count the Yamaha guys out.. And one won..
This should be a good race, and yes.. I expect to see Yamaha do well..

But, I may be full of shit..
If I wasn't buying new tires for my bike? I would put money on it..:)
I never counted the Yamaha guys out for Qatar...that would be foolish for anyone to think that. Just look at past records. 2013...1st and 2nd. 2014...2nd after a strong battle for the win. Plus Jorge crashing while in the lead. Rossi has also won there a bunch of times before. There was no doubt in my mind that Yamaha would be up there towards the top at Qatar...but at COTA...I just don't see it. With Rossi, qualifying times and FP's don't really matter. We've seen this happen many many times before...struggles during practice sessions, ends up on the 3rd row or something like that...then wins the race, or at least gets a podium. Rossi's shown many times he doesn't need a front row start to win...but neither does Marquez ;)

My prediction:

1. Marquez
2. Dovi
3. This will be a battle between Iannone, Rossi and Whoregay

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
For the record, in all the times I've made a prediction for a race outcome on this forum, I've NEVER been right, but it's fun to make an attempt :p

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I never counted the Yamaha guys out for Qatar...that would be foolish for anyone to think that. Just look at past records. 2013...1st and 2nd. 2014...2nd after a strong battle for the win. Plus Jorge crashing while in the lead. Rossi has also won there a bunch of times before. There was no doubt in my mind that Yamaha would be up there towards the top at Qatar...but at COTA...I just don't see it. With Rossi, qualifying times and FP's don't really matter. We've seen this happen many many times before...struggles during practice sessions, ends up on the 3rd row or something like that...then wins the race, or at least gets a podium. Rossi's shown many times he doesn't need a front row start to win...but neither does Marquez ;)

My prediction:

1. Marquez
2. Dovi
3. This will be a battle between Iannone, Rossi and Whoregay

To me FP matters because most of these riders ride to promote consistency during their actual race. Their lap times may be off but if they are consistent enough then they may have a better outcome during the race with the right tire selection. Marquez and Lorenzo are consistent and fast so for them it is easy. Dovi is also consistent but with the earlier GPXX he's unable to finish properly. I guess we will see when the lights go out in COTA.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For the record, in all the times I've made a prediction for a race outcome on this forum, I've NEVER been right, but it's fun to make an attempt :p
I'm usually off a bit as well.. But yes, I enjoy speculating as well.

As your previous post mentioned.. Rossi.. FP's.. And qualifying..
Earlier in Rossi's career in MotoGP, it seemed that Rossi didn't need to do as well in qualifying .. Had the measure of the rest come Sunday.

Enter the Aliens.. And Rossi's poor qualifying became more of an issue..more difficult to catch up to them in the race.

Qatar 2015.. For myself, was impressive in that matter in a big way. Choosing the harder tire may have been a big part of it? But it was pretty amazing seeing Rossi come from tenth on the first lap, and running the other guys down like that.. One of his more impressive wins in quite some time to me.
And kudos to Bridgestone.. Them there tires look like they are allowing these guys to go for it till the end in a good way this year..

We will see, and I look forward to it..

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
IDK how anyone can predict without seeing FP and qualifying pace.
Same way people bet in poker without seeing the other players' cards....it's called gambling tye...aka guessing.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Come on Tye.. You never sit around with your buddies and talk about how you think one rider will beat another?
Which bike will be faster? Who's going to win the title?
All in advance of their arrival to the event?
It is part of the fun of being a fan of the sport .. At least for myself.
Besides.. Even after all of the numbers are in?
Still impossible to know, you are still guessing.. Just basing it on numbers to assist you in your subjective guess..
Example.. Qatar 2015.. Rossi..
FP1.. 9th
FP2.. 7th
FP3.. 9th
FP4.. 5th
Q2.. 8th
Those numbers don't say "victory" to me..

Reactions: rubbish and 219R

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Besides.. Even after all of the numbers are in?
Still impossible to know, you are still guessing.. Just basing it on numbers to assist you in your subjective guess..
Example.. Qatar 2015.. Rossi..
FP1.. 9th
FP2.. 7th
FP3.. 9th
FP4.. 5th
Q2.. 8th
Those numbers don't say "victory" to me..
I felt that Rossi would be there in the end all though I did have some doubts about his natural declining ability. It eventually catches up with all of us. Even at age thirtysix especially when your playing with the young bucks.

I did have hopes for Val come race time as that is his strength, racecraft, strategy... I would Never count him out.

MM is an amazing new talent, if we can still call him that. Valentino however is more amazing to me with his strength after so many seasons. Especially iafter those dark years on the Desmo.

As badly as I wanted to see Ducati on the top two steps of the podium, I found myself routing for Rossi on that last lap.

What an incredible race that was...

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Marquez will come back with a vengeance @ COTA..... would not surprise me one bit if he runs away with the race. The Real Race will be for second and third... I will be thrilled if a Ducati occupies one of those steps... IF Dovi is in second, I will be overjoyed....just hopin.....

1 - 20 of 259 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.