Ducati.org forum banner

Should I fly or bring my bike?

• Hell no, you're in florida dude, youre crazy!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hell yah, Are you a ducatista or what...

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been following Moto GP since 2001 and this will be first opportunity to actually attend the MOTO GP event in Austin, TX. I have two options of flying or driving my vehicle with my 848 in the back (I'm in Orlando, FL). My question is has anybody purchased the Ducati Island Grandstand ticket package and rode around the track with other Ducatis? Can you give me your feedback and if it was worth having your bike there for the weekend.

Thank you,

IF anybody is interested in the Ducati ticket package, here is the link...

DUCATI ISLAND GRANDSTAND TICKET PACKAGE - Circuit of the Americas

P.S.

Keep your negative stupid comments to yourself. If you don't like the thread, don't click on it or even respond.

Daytona 200 picture

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you truck it to Austin, then you ride through traffic and park at the track.
You have to think about theft along the way, for probably not much riding.
If you can do a fan lap it might be a small help.
A track day after the races, now you're talking.
Just food for thought. ;)

I used to go to MotoGP or WSBK at Laguna Seca every year. Riding bikes up along the coast, the decision was a no brainer. YMMV in Tejas. :eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is my third year, first to get the Ducati pass. I get a hotel and ride to the venue. Motorcycles park free. Easier getting out with the traffic. Im excited to go back. This year ill be there friday, sat and Sunday. The ducati pass seats are in the grand stands and you have access too the air conditiond lounge. I also picked paddock passes.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had some questions if u have gone before

1. how safe is my Ducati in the area, where the track is? I'm getting a hotel and I don't want to walk outside and see my bike missing.. LoL, obviously, bikes can get stolen anywhere, but is the area where the track is decent? I also plan on getting the grand stand Ducati pass and think it's well worth it considering in the years past, Moto GP was all the way in California.

2. How was race from the grand stand Ducati view?

3. Any things that can up during your trip that I should know about?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If you have the Ducati pass the bikes will parked inside the racetrack so, no problem as long you dont left the keys in.
This year the change tge location of the island is almost infront of the Pits you will be doing a lot of walking going from there to the Ducati grandstands.
IMHO i dont like the grand stands i always stay in tbe green by the tower i thi k is T16 or stay also in the green on T17.
Driving in Austin is a Bear if you dont know the city. Normally i stay in Bastrop Tx its like 15 or 20 miles out from the track and trafic is not that bad if you take the back roads. I stayed in a hampton inn and left the bike outside parkrd up front and no problems. If you are staying inAustin down town dont forget to take the no limit Hwy on its way to the track you will arrive feeling like Moto GP rider.
For you all the way from Fl. To bring the bike and no plans I will say is not worth it, unless you have friends and are hooked to go thru the city after the track. Let me tell you that you will be beat up every day especially after you do the lap around the track around 6 pm. If you buy the pass.
Its all an experience but to get the most fun buy the lap around the track try and hook with guys from Austin so you can have plans after the day is over on the track. Check with the dealers in Austin sometimes they have events that you can go. last year they had Dovi and Jorge at their site and was a great event.
Im not going this year due i have an ISO recertification audit the week after the race. Been there the laxt 2 years i will miss it this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts