Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I did this mod when it first came out in June. I thought I would love it, but I actually missed the stock headlight. So I put the stock headlight back on and am willing to sell the mod if anyone is interested.

Very bright light. Much brighter than stock. Install is super easy and reversible.

I paid $703 for the mod and headlight. The conversion kit costs $289 and the JW Speaker Evo 2 headlight with metric black bucket was $414.

On Ebay now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/302050043086?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

·
Registered
318 Posts
Is there a reason you went back to stock? How's the light output? I've been considering this but it's so damn expensive with the adaptive headlight. I was hoping for a really solid headlight conversion with this that gives excellent light output similar to those setups with a good HID projector.

I had a setup on my old R6 that provided an insane amount of light with perfect cutoff when I didn't have highbeams on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never liked the stock headlight and preferred the old round look of Monster lights. But I had a change of heart lately and went to loving the look of the stock headlight. Light output is nowhere near the Evo2. It's pretty outstanding how much light that headlight produces.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Oh, sorry off topic, but corbin told me it isnt compatible with 821...? So they lied! I see it fitted perfectly on 821!
Yeah, I contacted them as well and here was their response --

I see nothing on my end that would say that it would fit. the best way is to contact the dealer and ask if the stock seat part number is different between the two if they have same stock seat part number than our seat will fit. if not not so much.
I'm doing a longer ride in a couple weeks and would love to get this if it fits!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well, i do know when i want to buy a comfort seat for 821, dealer said it was the same as 1200...
Interesting. I got the opposite answer from my dealership (Del Amo Motorsports Redondo Beach). I'm not real happy with them either so I don't put much faith in their answers. They compared the serial/part number of both seats and said they were different, thereby assuming the Corbin seat would not fit on the 821. I sent a follow-up e-mail to Corbin today to figure out if this is really the case.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.