Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Oh, hell yes,.....Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!!......................

Check out the CAPS RUB!!!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Reactions: Tuned

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I am pretty darn excited for this race..
Weather says that it should remain cool, high'70'sF..
With a chance of rain on Sunday?:(
As much as I would like to to Rossi and Dovi battle for the lead? Ending with a Rossi victory?
If it stays cooler and dry?
Advantage Lorenzo.. In my eyes anyhow.. that set up with that medium tire as he has been exploiting as of late.
See if Rossi can qualify well..
See how Ionnone has recuperated..
See how badly Marc wants to join the battle.. and let us see just how bad that HRC bike is these days? Even with Marc's talent and skill, Honda seems to be searching for something. Is the Honda in trouble? Or is it something that can be rectified quickly?

If Rossi qualifies well? I think that he will be there in the end and going for it..

Another 3rd row start? With the cooler temps?
I think that Jorge may do pretty darn well.. With Rossi, Marc, and Dovi battling for second and third..
If it rains? Advantage Dovi in my eyes.. with Marc and Rossi going at it behind him..
Jorge doesn't seem to like the wet..

Should be good..

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
If Rossi qualifies well? I think that he will be there in the end and going for it..
You mean in 8th place? Beware of Rossi when he starts from 8th! :p

Btw, the Hondas have done pretty good at Mugello in past years. Will be interesting indeed. I just hope the pressure is not overwhelming Marc to the point that he's going to bin it and get a DNF.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Personally, I think that if Rossi really wants that 10th title?
He will have to do better than 8th..
That worked when Jorge was struggling, but now?
Not so sure..

Jorge is confident, has a good feeling, and is in "hammer" mode..

Of Jorge keeps his mind clear, and keeps this rhythm?
Rossi will have a hard time catching him in my eyes..
Unless Rossi can at least be top 6 or better come Q2.
Just my opinion.. But I think Jorge will have it his way.. If Rossi doesn't sort that out.

Reactions: Paul1198

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I think this one is Rossis' (frig did I spell that right...). He is a lot closer to Lorenzo this year, so even if the weather is cool I doubt Lorenzo will be able to pull away from him this time. Remember the home crowd loves Rossi, and Rossi loves them, big advantage. The Hondas are still fast down the straights so I think it's going to be an epic battle at the front.

Rossi
MM (Just because he is going to pull a wild one on whoever is in front of him on the last lap)
Dovi/Lorenzo

:drummer:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'll talk tyres a little later when I have had a few beers. makes the words flow easier, even if the spelling and grammar goes out the window ;) Meanwhile:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Cool pics Zoot.. Cheers..

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
For Rossi or Marquez...yeah me too! :D
Rossi had a stellar record at Mugello before his bad accident and ankle/leg break at the very same track. Since then, he hasn't won a single race at the famed Italian circuit. However, I have a good feeling he will be there this year.

Marc and Jorge need to win races in order to stay in the championship hunt, so the two of them will be going at it for sure.

I also think Dovi will be there in the mix because Ducati have done a lot of testing at Mugello and their unofficial testing lap times have been pretty stellar. It's clear Dovi isn't satisfied with being 2nd fiddle, so he's going to be on it at the front of the pack for sure.

Can Dovi win at Mugello? Personally I don't think so because the other three will be so strong. He will need some edge over them and even though Ducati still has more allowances for engine's and fuel then their Japanese counterparts, they'll need A LOT of luck to beat the back to back winning Jorge, the championship leader Rossi and a working Honda with Marquez on the saddle.

I'll make a prediction after qualifying and base it on weather predictions. But unless a miracle happens, I think one of the Yamaha or Honda boys will nab it.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
I am going to wait until the 23 lap to make my prediction.....:), but, I two, am kinda sure it will be a Ducati or a Japanese motorcycle......

Reactions: rubbish

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fukin great images thanks so much for sharing them with us

As I've said many times it's just the press releases and press images from Ducati Press. It's no big thing to share them it's if I have the time to resize them for posting ( they are initially often over 5000 pixels wide so need some work )
I have a press media account with Ducati so when I have the time and am in the mood I'll post race weekend release stuff. Until the arguing and complaining starts again.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm waiting on a response from Bridgestone to a couple of questions about compounds and hopefully today I'll post something interesting, or boring, about the tyres this weekend.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still waiting for some info from Bridgestone, was asked to email them to Carmine Moscaritolo. Which is good, being taken proper serious like ;)

I'll not comment on FP1 yet, give people time to watch it maybe. But just want to say it's going to be a very good weekend whatever happens.

track temps are expected to remain similar all weekend. Consistency is a good thing. I'll talk about the tyre choices at the end of the day.

Meanwhile: Just have a look at the fastest bikes through the speedtrap.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 196 Posts