Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that Nicky Hayden will be back next weekend, after missing a few rounds through injury.

And that Marc Marquez reckons that Aragon is his favourite track of the year..

Just trying to psyche out the opposition, or does he really mean it?

Got a bit of confidence to get back after crashing last time out.

Looking forward to the racing.

:)

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Thanks for starting the thread!!! I can post on this one!!!

Just noticed that Nicky Hayden will be back next weekend, after missing a few rounds through injury.

And that Marc Marquez reckons that Aragon is his favourite track of the year..

Just trying to psyche out the opposition, or does he really mean it?

Got a bit of confidence to get back after crashing last time out.

Looking forward to the racing.

:)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I believe he means it. He said in an interview awhile back early this year that his favorite tracks are Aragon and COTA.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
As far as Nicky? I do hope that he does well.. But the truth is? These seats are going to be harder to keep in the future.
Lots of promising young talent coming up in the next few years. See how it sorts out for him.

As far as this weekend? I think that we should get three great races..
I am hoping that Jorge can keep up with Marc and give us a battle to watch.. And perhaps, Rossi and Dani can join in on the fun? I do expect Marc to do pretty darn well, but I have a feeling that Horge may be tasting some blood in the water.

Moto2? Rabat just stop keep it up and stay focused in my eyes..

Moto3? This title chase is going to get very exciting in my eyes. I look for Marquez to have a good run at it, and take a few points from Miller...

Then there's the Ducati 14.2... See what is new, and how it goes? Would be exciting to see Dovi up there with Dani and Rossi.. Exciting indeed..

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, a lot to look forward to.

I'm afraid I have a bit of a sinking feeling about Nicky's future.

There is obviously a trend now to get younger riders into the MotoGP saddles earlier in their careers, and the likes of Edwards and Hayden are going to have to step aside.

A bit unfortunate in both cases, and neither rider had much of a chance on competitive machinery.

Must be a test of their trademark tenacity to be giving up their rides to children. But that was always going to happen.

The changing landscape of what is now an increasingly TV-driven spectacle.

It's getting more like pop music - one minute you're world famous, and everyone wants you, the next you've been discarded and the show moves on.

:(

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Wooohaaaa… so nobody else has been really looking at the news?

MotoGP News - MotoGP Aragon: Ducati confirms 'GP14.2' debut

crash.net said:
Ducati has confirmed that a substantially revised version of its Desmosedici MotoGP machine will debut at this weekend's Aragon round.

The changes - believed to include the chassis and engine - will be the biggest since the start of the season and a stepping stone towards new Ducati Corse general manager Gig Dall-Igna's full 2015 re-design, to be seen in testing at Sepang next February.

According to a Ducati statement, Andrea Dovizioso and 2015 factory team-mate Andrea Iannone (currently at Pramac) “were able to shakedown the 'evolution' version of their Desmosedici, called GP14.2, for the first time” during a private test at Mugello on Tuesday.

“The two Italian riders will continue to test the bike during the Aragón race weekend," the statement added.

The changes will therefore not be made available to Dovizioso's present team-mate Cal Crutchlow, who is leaving for LCR Honda at the end of the season.

Dovizioso is fifth in the world championship, with two podiums, and needs just two more points to match his entire 2013 tally.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Perhaps you should have read Freight's post.
Yea, but no mention of a new chassis and new motor!!! An updated bike could mean a software change or tank position, but the team are getting what appears to be a real big step in a different direction. To me, thats awfully exciting.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Uh, I think Freight referred to the Ducati 14.2 as discussed on the MotoGP website. Duh.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
....of which the anticipation has been building for months.

I thought everyone knew about this already.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Uh, I think Freight referred to the Ducati 14.2 as discussed on the MotoGP website. Duh.
Yes, Bob.. You are correct.. Thank you..

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perhaps you should have read Freight's post.
Me too. We have been reading about this for some time.

Not getting our hopes up too high, and of course Ducati still have the clear advantage of the Open class rules to assist them, but a Ducati back in the leading bunch is a sight we have been missing until recently.

It will be nice to see the boys in red back at it. Apart from poor old Cal. They've given up on him.

:eek:

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Welcome. Yeah Pat, Cal is a strange deal
He is being treated as a red headed step child! (Earned in my few).
Now he does not get the new stuff!!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I'm afraid I have a bit of a sinking feeling about Nicky's future.

There is obviously a trend now to get younger riders into the MotoGP saddles earlier in their careers, and the likes of Edwards and Hayden are going to have to step aside.
I'll probably be flamed for saying this by the Hayden die-hard fans...but Nicky's been on the down slope, past his peak since 2009. I'm surprised he's been in it for as long as he has. Being at Ducati hasn't really helped, but even on equal bikes, I highly doubt Hayden would finish in the top 5...on any track! Top 10 sure, but out of the current crop when you have guys like Marquez, Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Espargaro bros, Bradl, Bautista, Redding...I'm just not seeing him be quite at that level. Great guy, but his time has passed quite some time ago. And to be honest he made it to the top, he has had a phenomenal career, and has nothing to be ashamed of! From a small POS town in Kentucky, racing some shit bikes on the weekends with his brothers, to being a MotoGP world champion riding for HRC and Ducati...who can complain?? Hats off to him, but it's time to let a youngster take your spot now.

Reactions: 1fast750ss

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nicky really should try WSBK. The MotoGP refugees seem to do well.
Yes, and I think there have been discussions along these lines.

To give him his due, he is a hard-working rider, and good at development, which is probably what has sustained his career recently. And everyone seems to like him.

For those who haven't noticed yet, Kenny Noyes is getting another go at Moto2, on Nakagima's bike, and he knows Aragon very well.

So worth the US guys catching up with Moto2 this weekend.

And Moto3, to see how our Jack goes hanging onto his diminishing points lead.

Some seriously technical sections at that circuit.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Yes, and I think there have been discussions along these lines.

To give him his due, he is a hard-working rider, and good at development, which is probably what has sustained his career recently. And everyone seems to like him.

For those who haven't noticed yet, Kenny Noyes is getting another go at Moto2, on Nakagima's bike, and he knows Aragon very well.

So worth the US guys catching up with Moto2 this weekend.

And Moto3, to see how our Jack goes hanging onto his diminishing points lead.

Some seriously technical sections at that circuit.
We will also have Aiden Wagner in moto2 for P.I:yo:
No Cookies | Fox Sports News, Live Sport, Sports | Fox Sports

·
Registered
235 Posts
Since there are only 4 bikes on the grid each week, that can truly win. It's hard to look like your still able to do it. A lot less good bikes now. If this shortage of good equipment happened in the 80's or 90's, then Mamola, Kenny jr., Lawson, McGee( thanks for ending my hero's career) and many others wouldn't have had as long of a stint in GP. One thing that keeps Hayden employed is. He really knows how the sugar coat the shit he has to eat, when the microphones are pushed into his face.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Since there are only 4 bikes on the grid each week, that can truly win. It's hard to look like your still able to do it. A lot less good bikes now. If this shortage of good equipment happened in the 80's or 90's, then Mamola, Kenny jr., Lawson, McGee( thanks for ending my hero's career) and many others wouldn't have had as long of a stint in GP. One thing that keeps Hayden employed is. He really knows how the sugar coat the shit he has to eat, when the microphones are pushed into his face.
I was there in April '89..

1 - 20 of 62 Posts