Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8,735 Posts
I believe he means it. He said in an interview awhile back early this year that his favorite tracks are Aragon and COTA.

· Registered
8,735 Posts
I'm afraid I have a bit of a sinking feeling about Nicky's future.

There is obviously a trend now to get younger riders into the MotoGP saddles earlier in their careers, and the likes of Edwards and Hayden are going to have to step aside.
I'll probably be flamed for saying this by the Hayden die-hard fans...but Nicky's been on the down slope, past his peak since 2009. I'm surprised he's been in it for as long as he has. Being at Ducati hasn't really helped, but even on equal bikes, I highly doubt Hayden would finish in the top 5...on any track! Top 10 sure, but out of the current crop when you have guys like Marquez, Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Espargaro bros, Bradl, Bautista, Redding...I'm just not seeing him be quite at that level. Great guy, but his time has passed quite some time ago. And to be honest he made it to the top, he has had a phenomenal career, and has nothing to be ashamed of! From a small POS town in Kentucky, racing some shit bikes on the weekends with his brothers, to being a MotoGP world champion riding for HRC and Ducati...who can complain?? Hats off to him, but it's time to let a youngster take your spot now.

Reactions: 1fast750ss

· Registered
8,735 Posts
HRC and Ducati kicking ass in FP2...hoping it stays that way!

As I said before...Marc will win if he doesn't crash.

Reactions: 219R

· Registered
8,735 Posts
Dedication , commitment, and character didn't win them very many (if any) races , after all it is about winning right , and there time has long past and even then very unrealistic. That's why I say there pride kept them in the "big league" , heaven forbid they go back to little superbikes. Lol
I think they hurt themselves. It's a shame , great talent on unproductive bikes.
I agree. Racers need to know they're place. Look at Karel Abraham...he's basically racing in MotoGP for as long as he wants because he (or his dad) are paying loads of money for it. But he's not good enough to win, or even finish a race in the top 10.

Josh Herrin...did very well in AMA, then got his ass handed to him in Moto 2. Now he's out. Time to go back to AMA, or at least drop down to WSP or STK1000, or something like that.

No point in staying in a league where you can't even be in the top half of the field. There are many levels of racing out there...not saying people should sand bag, like Mladin did in AMA, but go to a league that you're competitive in but it's also a challenge. Edwards won 2 WSBK championships. He was doing great. In motoGP he never won a race! Sure he's had some podiums, but when you're used to tasting wins and even championship wins, I don't see how an occasional podium gets you all that excited. Similarly with Hayden...won 3 races in his GP career only, yet in the year that he won 2 of those races, somehow the stars aligned and he won the championship. He's been average/mediocre ever since. I wouldn't loved to see him in WSBK because that's one class he's never been in, and I think on a good bike he would've done well.

· Registered
8,735 Posts
But anyway...why are we not talking about what's going on at Aragon??

Like Marquez shattering the lap record (previously held by him also) by over 6 tenths!!!

Or like how Lorenzo's time was 1 second slower than that :D

Or like how Iannone is on the front row again!

...and umm....Crutchlow pulled out a fast lap out of his ass and got up to 5th! And I assume he doesn't have the 14.2 bike.

· Registered
8,735 Posts
**********SPOILER ALERT*********

What a shit show of a race! Marquez clearly had more ambition, but Lorenzo outsmarted him. I was yelling at the TV every time marquez would ride by the pit entry! He made a very stupid choice...he should've came in with about 6 laps to go and he would've won that race by a mile. Instead he chose to be brave and it bit him in the end. Not sure what he was thinking!

Only good news for him is the 2 closest guys to him also crashed, so he actually extended his lead by 1 point! haha

So many crashes though...you know it's a mess when Crutchlow almost finishes in 2nd on the Ducati! LOL

· Registered
8,735 Posts
I agree freight train. Racing incident IMO.

· Registered
8,735 Posts
I agree with Bob. If you watch closely, or the slow-motion video, they were side by side looking through the turn. No way that Marquez even knew how close he was. He ran the inside line and held it pretty well. Miller just got a bit too close while trying to get ahead of him on the outside. The way he crashed was a bit odd though...I've seen incidents like that in GP plenty of times, when someone's elbow or shoulder touches someone's leg or bike, but it almost looked as if the left handle bar/clutch lever hit something and launched Miller over. Bummer for him, but it really looked like a racing incident to me.

· Registered
8,735 Posts
Yeah no kidding...like where did Fenati come from?? First part of the race he was nowhere near the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.