Ducati.org forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

· Registered
8,735 Posts
I agree freight train. Racing incident IMO.

· Registered
6,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Sorry fellers, but can't really agree with that one.

But you knew I would say that..

I've only seen the incident which took Miller out of that race once, but it didn't look all that forgivable to me.

Given that Miller was leading the championship at the time.

But I will watch it right through again, and see how it looks second time around..

A shame to see so many contenders on the ground this weekend.

:(

· Registered
7,541 Posts

I've only seen the incident which took Miller out of that race once, but it didn't look all that forgivable to me.

But I will watch it right through again, and see how it looks second time around..

yeah.. that was hard to watch. As to Miller and Marquez..was very close racing.. but I saw nothing to give rise to unsportsmanlike moves or behavior. Yes a bad deal for Miller... but no fault, in my opinion, to be blamed... A hard racing incident to be sure...

· Registered
8,735 Posts
I agree with Bob. If you watch closely, or the slow-motion video, they were side by side looking through the turn. No way that Marquez even knew how close he was. He ran the inside line and held it pretty well. Miller just got a bit too close while trying to get ahead of him on the outside. The way he crashed was a bit odd though...I've seen incidents like that in GP plenty of times, when someone's elbow or shoulder touches someone's leg or bike, but it almost looked as if the left handle bar/clutch lever hit something and launched Miller over. Bummer for him, but it really looked like a racing incident to me.

· Registered
1,929 Posts

Pat.. Did you watch the Moto3 QP?
Pay special attention around the 33.53 left point..
Almost the same type of event as to what happened touring the race.. Except that it was dry.. But still.. Millers hands in the air being forced to "share" the track..

And do not forget the "stoppy" that Miller did around the 4:30 left point in QP.. Could have really gone the wrong way that one...

I saw that Alex had made the move.. Hade the inside advantage.. And Miller and his own stubbornness tried to avoid the wet line on the outside and turned in on Alex.

Miller kind of came off as a bit of a douche this weekend in my eyes.. I like the guy.. But it was reminding me of Sete this weekend. Even kind of looks like Sete if you ask me?
Waving fists all over the place.. Full on stoppy's..
He better focus up, cause the other guys want that title as well..
And this fist in the air crap?
Wait till Miller goes against the older brother in the future..
Do not think that Marc was not watching that today..

Down to the wire.. And it is going to be good..

Reactions: 219R and rubbish

· Registered
7,541 Posts
Caught up in the moment! Story of the weekend.... Crutchlow on the podium!!! Marquez using some bad judgement, yes Mark, you need a little maturity..... Lorenzo ran a great race.... One for the record books! Oh, and life is very, very good!!!

· Registered
1,929 Posts
Lots of hate on the Kentucky Kid around here
No hate from myself either..
I just see Hayden as a guy that has, perhaps, past his peak in Gp?
Would love to see him get a shot at a competitive ride in WSBK.

Re-watched the GP-Aragon race again..
Crazy Joe.. Going good.. And then..NOOOOO
damn...DAMN! Oh well. He and Dovi had a tough day indeed.

I also enjoy seeing Cal make the most of it all the way to the line.. Good fun..
Looking forward to the next race..

· Registered
6,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Pat.. Did you watch the Moto3 QP?
Pay special attention around the 33.53 left point..
Almost the same type of event as to what happened touring the race.. Except that it was dry.. But still.. Millers hands in the air being forced to "share" the track..

And do not forget the "stoppy" that Miller did around the 4:30 left point in QP.. Could have really gone the wrong way that one...

I saw that Alex had made the move.. Hade the inside advantage.. And Miller and his own stubbornness tried to avoid the wet line on the outside and turned in on Alex.

Miller kind of came off as a bit of a douche this weekend in my eyes.. I like the guy.. But it was reminding me of Sete this weekend. Even kind of looks like Sete if you ask me?
Waving fists all over the place.. Full on stoppy's..
He better focus up, cause the other guys want that title as well..
And this fist in the air crap?
Wait till Miller goes against the older brother in the future..
Do not think that Marc was not watching that today..

Down to the wire.. And it is going to be good..
No mate. In fact I haven't even seen the Moto3 race through yet. All I saw was a brief highlight of the crash, which didn't please me!
But I hear you on Miller getting a bit carried away with the carry-on. He will need to control that.
Not excited about the likeness you see with Gibernau - can't really see it myself.
But we can be sure that Miller is in no way 'buying the ride' the way Gibernau (related to Senor Bulto and Spanish motorcycle aristocracy) did back then.
And remember that Miller is out there on his own amongst the European riders, without a team-mate or fellow countryman anywhere near him for support.
He needs to not get that Ant West 'the world is against me' mentality, even though it might feel a bit like that at the moment. We can be sure there will be a bit of jealousy out there for his Honda contract.
But yes, he definitely needs to focus on the Moto3 championship, without the other contenders getting at him psychologically.
Easier said than done of course, on a bike that is a little down on speed, in a group who may not like him much.
I guess the danger is that he could become more focussed on next year (even though he said it wouldn't happen) and could end up never winning any championship.
But I think he's smart. And not short on courage, or ability.
He's got most of the necessary stuff. I still rate him for the future, if he can remain injury free.

· Registered
1,929 Posts
Worth a watch the Moto3 race is.. Even aside from the Miller/Marquez moment..

As far as my reference to Sete? Purely physical. Just the face.. I thought that they look similar.. That was all.

As far as Miller's antics? I know that he is really young, and I had some similar thoughts towards Marquez not that long ago as well.

Marquez has matured quit rapidly in my book.. A very impressive turn around. I hope that Miller does't he same.
I like his fire.. I like the way that he rides..
Just needs to go about the "respect the other guys while on the track" route a bit. Especially on them there small bikes. There is always going to be a train of them around a track.

Going to be an interesting race for that title till the end.

Do check that race out.. It was a good one..

· Registered
6,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Worth a watch the Moto3 race is.. Even aside from the Miller/Marquez moment..

As far as my reference to Sete? Purely physical. Just the face.. I thought that they look similar.. That was all.

As far as Miller's antics? I know that he is really young, and I had some similar thoughts towards Marquez not that long ago as well.

Marquez has matured quit rapidly in my book.. A very impressive turn around. I hope that Miller does't he same.
I like his fire.. I like the way that he rides..
Just needs to go about the "respect the other guys while on the track" route a bit. Especially on them there small bikes. There is always going to be a train of them around a track.

Going to be an interesting race for that title till the end.

Do check that race out.. It was a good one..
You can be sure I will be watching every moment shortly.

Just got to fit it in..

;)

· Registered
8,735 Posts
Yeah no kidding...like where did Fenati come from?? First part of the race he was nowhere near the front.

· Registered
7,541 Posts
The good news.... Both Miller and Marquez (s) will be around for a long time, should be some great racing!!! Dorna must be ecstatic!!! Sure has rejuvenated MotoGP, to my eyes......

· Registered
1,929 Posts
The good news.... Both Miller and Marquez (s) will be around for a long time, should be some great racing!!! Dorna must be ecstatic!!! Sure has rejuvenated MotoGP, to my eyes......
I completely agree..
I remember thinking how cool it was to see guys like Jorge and Stoner come up to GP and challenge guys like Rossi.. To up the game.
Then Marquez.. The bar was raised once again..
It doesn't work for all of the guys, Bradl for instance...

But looking towards the future?
I am pretty darn excited..
I want to see Redding on a Factory bike..
I look forward to seeing the likes of Miller, Rabat, Alex, and others arriving to the GP class..

Ducati is looking impressive..
Young, and hungry riders seeking their moment in the GP's?
New tires to take in consideration? And the new ECU's?
GP is full of anticipation for myself ... Good stuff indeed..

Reactions: Aussie_Bob
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.